Windows 10: Data erased after pc reset

Discus and support Data erased after pc reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sarthakgupta9, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Data erased after pc reset

I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also if it gets deleted is there any way to get those files back after resetting?

:)

sarthakgupta9, Jan 11, 2022

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, Jan 11, 2022
  3. reset and erase all my data

reset and erase all my data new setting

Harish.Bisht252, Jan 11, 2022
  4. p_o_s_pc Win User

Data erased after pc reset

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

Data erased after pc reset

1. Data erased after pc reset - Similar Threads - Data erased reset

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. Data erased after pc reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data erased after pc reset: I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also if it gets deleted is there any way to get those files back after resetting?...
  5. Data erased after pc reset

Data erased after pc reset: I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also if it gets deleted is there any way to get those files back after resetting?...
  6. OneDrive files erased after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive files erased after reset: I built a new computer today and reused the same SSD from my last one, and after booting into Windows I did a full reset to start over fresh. But before I did that I moved a few files over into the OneDrive documents folder that had been syncing from that PC. After the reset...
  7. Erasing all the data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  8. Drives data erased after May update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drives data erased after May update: Hello everyone. So I recently installed a new HDD in my system, wich caused windows to loose it's boot record somehow, no restore methods working, and I had to re-install my full version of windows again, and it updated itself to version 1903. I have a NVME drive for the...
  9. reset and erase all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset and erase all my data: HI I cant reset my computer and erase all my data. when i try to do it in settings it dosent work and when i go to troubleshoot it dosent work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-erase-all-my-data/c54faacc-b0cc-497e-8c71-9b70f8a04840
  10. Recover Erased Data

Recover Erased Data: Recover Erased Data [ATTACH] Allows users to rescue deleted files from FAT16, FAT32, EXTFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFX Can be easily used over USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. Easily rescue deleted files from Mac and Windows operating system with...