Windows 10: Data/Files on CD

Discus and support Data/Files on CD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had files saved on a CD that I could view, edit, etc that worked perfectly until I left the CD in my work computer overnight. While still logged in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thecreator159, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Data/Files on CD

I had files saved on a CD that I could view, edit, etc that worked perfectly until I left the CD in my work computer overnight. While still logged in, a windows update was pushed to my computer, which I found the next morning. Because the update was unsuccessful (stuck at 48%), I had to do a hard reboot and restore previous version of windows. After that, the CD became unreadable (no physical damage noted on the CD). It would not display the available space, used space, and would not show any of the previously saved files. Basically windows thinks there is no CD in the drive anymore. I tried on 3 separate computers with the same result. Any suggestions on if I can recover these files and how to do so? I've contacted work help desk but heard nothing back from them so far.

:)

thecreator159, Jan 22, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 22, 2019
  3. mpeill Win User
    CD drive missing from File Explorer

I'm trying to burn an audio CD yet the application doesn't recognise any CD drive. Checking further, the CD drive is not listed in File Explorer until a CD media is inserted that holds valid data. The drive disappears when the media is ejected.
    Under view options, the box is unticked for "hide empty drives".
    Under device manager the drive shows as present and working normally.
    I have tried switching autoplay on and off with no effect (suggested as a fix elsewhere).
    Any ideas?

mpeill, Jan 22, 2019
  4. JohnC131 Win User

Data/Files on CD

Windows Media Player burn data CD

Need to burn a data CD but when I drag files into burn list, they won't list and go back to their destination when mouse is released.
    I have watched loads of tutorials and am certain I am following the correct procedure.
    Open WMP, go to 'burn' drop down menu and select 'Data CD'. But files aren't accepted in Burn List? Must be missing something that is obvious?

JohnC131, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Data/Files on CD

1. Data/Files on CD - Similar Threads - Data Files

2. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  3. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  4. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  6. Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA

Shrink volume size error. The last unmovable file appears to be: \$Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J:$DATA: I want to partition my C: drive, but the available shrink volume size is very less even when is have around 900GB of free storage. I have already tried disabling the header, pager and system recovery file. It didn't work.The error in event viewer is given as: The last...
  7. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  8. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  9. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".: Hi. I have been trying to back up some data from my laptop to my hard disk. The copy process stops midway and an error occurs which reads "Can't read from the source file or disk". I ran a chkdsk also but i stopped it at stage 4 because the files I was trying to copy went...