Windows 10: Data Getting Deleted From Pendrive On Windows 10 .

Discus and support Data Getting Deleted From Pendrive On Windows 10 . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a 32GB Kingston pen drive i can copy any file without any problem to it. the computer can read the data while the pen drive is connected to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SekharSam, Jul 29, 2019.

1. SekharSam Win User

Data Getting Deleted From Pendrive On Windows 10 .

i have a 32GB Kingston pen drive i can copy any file without any problem to it. the computer can read the data while the pen drive is connected to it. when the copy is done and every thing is working fine, i remove the pen drive from computer and then reconnected to my computer there is no data in pen drive . does any body know how to fix it

:)

SekharSam, Jul 29, 2019

2. Pendrive not displayed on the PC in Windows 10.

Hi Manish,

The above issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Associated device files & folders are deleted on clearing the boot partition.
    • Corrupted device driver installed on the PC.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting other pendrive to the PC?
    • When you say “It is not displayed in my computer”, are you referring to File explorer?

If the pendrive is not showing in File explorer, remove and re-plug the device to check if the issue is resolved. Removing and re-plugging the device will resolve the temporary hardware faced prior to the attempt. If the issue persists, connect another
    pendrive and check if the device is displayed under Devices & drives in File explorer. This is only to check if the issue is device specific.

If the issue persists, check if the device is detected under Device manger and update to check if the issue is resolved. Updating the device drivers will enhance the performance of the device on the PC.

Follow the steps below to update the device driver and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the pendrive to the PC, press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on the pendrive driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the pendrive detected on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Data Getting Deleted From Pendrive On Windows 10 . - Similar Threads - Data Getting Deleted

2. Windows 10 Deleted My Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Deleted My Data: Hi, I was using Windows 10 20H2 Home 64bit Eng, and my PC has both an SSD and an hdd. The OS and the programs were installed on the SSD C: drive, and the data were stored on the hdd, which was divided into D: and F: drives. C: OS and programsD: dataF: dataThe incident...
  3. Windows 10 Deleted My Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deleted My Data: Hi, I was using Windows 10 20H2 Home 64bit Eng, and my PC has both an SSD and an hdd. The OS and the programs were installed on the SSD C: drive, and the data were stored on the hdd, which was divided into D: and F: drives. C: OS and programsD: dataF: dataThe incident...
  4. Windows 10 Deleted My Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete all data from PC except Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete all data from PC except Windows?: Howdy, after I want to put together a new PC soon, I sell my old pc. But I want to delete ALL data from the PC (SSD & HDD), except Windows 10! So that the PC appears like new! Thanks in advance Alle Daten von PC löschen außer Windows?
  6. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.: [ATTACH] I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue. Suppose if I have done this will...
  7. Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.

Deleting Previous windows data from C drive.: I have reinstall window 10 in my laptop but the old data is also there with the folder name windows.old . I want to delete but I can't do this . My C drive storage is going out of capacity . Anyone please help me with this issue. Suppose if I have done this will , it...
  8. How to get back autorun on pendrives in Windows 10?

How to get back autorun on pendrives in Windows 10?: I want to get back the feature of autorun in pendrives in windows 10. I want to execute a batch file when I connect my Pendrive to my Laptop. Nothing is illegal, just for an experiment. Please help me out. Thanks, Regards, Jyotirmay Kumar Jha....
  9. delete data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete data: I am sending this computer back to HP for repair. How can I delete apps, programs, folders, passwords, etc. to protect private information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-data/fdbeba1c-1c40-4fec-b9b3-7514299beac8
  10. Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10: How to: Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 How to Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 Microsoft uses Windows diagnostic data to focus their decisions and efforts to provide you with the most robust and valuable platform possible. By participating in the diagnostic...