Windows 10: Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

Discus and support Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Incident happened on 3 days back from Today (16-07-2018). I took one of my friend’s uncle laptop, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 on 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Animesh Pal, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

Incident happened on 3 days back from Today (16-07-2018). I took one of my friend’s uncle laptop, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 on 1 year and 2 months back from today and Due to system running very slow he asked me re-install with Windows 7.

(Before I begin the story, I want to give a information, that that laptop running all AS & OS, are Pirated)

I did that process because it was making the PC run really slow. I think that it may b virus related issues making this pc run slow. Some time graphics flickering. I did a backup of all data in a pen drive, and a partition of that pc’s internal drive.

(According to my past experiences, I had try to get a backup via ubuntu 12.04, But at booting time it show a alert that, I’m accessing a Encrypted secured Blocks which are in this drive. I’m Shocked. Backup not done because of access denied)

It took almost three day for the process to complete the total process. But when windows 7 pro (genuine) start, system was running faster than its previous position. But, those drives gone in-accessible. When I’m tried to open it and it asked for owner permition. Next time I tried to open it, asked for administrator level permition.

He had a Quick heal total security, but it’s not tweaked to secure CFR-Backup of all data and also expired that 2 or 3 months ago. Installed A new fresh activation of 1 year Quick heal total security But, that AV says, Access Denied.

I Did a Recovery on it, but those also failed to recover it.

I then went into BIOS and saw that the boot sequence had the PC looking for the CD/DVD drive first! I changed that to have the sequence start with the HDD, powered on, and still got the same condition. System default.

The PC is now not useless. But that hard drive need to replace cause EFS. And also that pen drive too.

And he had not backed up his value data for last 1 year to till now.

Already, performed every method to get data, Efs related on ms-community forum.

I’m failed to get data back.

I thinks that This may b done by ransomware.

ransomware make a encrypt system with pirated softwares and create a bond. when you do any changes to it's os. It will activate.

:)

Animesh Pal, Jul 16, 2018

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

• Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    • Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    • Click "Repair this computer"
    • Go to "Advanced options"
    • click system restore
    • Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro - How do I disable encryption of my data

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using any third party software to Encrypt data's\files? Or is it automatically encrypting your data’s and files?
    If your data’s are encrypt by Bit locker you can follow the below link
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. (It works same way on Windows 10).

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 16, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

windows 7 encryption problem

Sounds like he was using the Encrypting File System (EFS) built into XP. This uses a certificate (similar to that used on SSL for websites) and optionally a password to unlock the files.

The certificate can be stored separately from the computer and imported into another one running Windows XP, Vista or 7, in which case you can then read the files just fine.

By the sound of it, the cert wasn't stored anywhere and has now been lost due to the drive reformat.

In this case he's f*cked.

I strongly suggest you and he read up on encryption and thoroughly understand it before turning it on again. Using it in a half-baked manner does more harm than good, as you and him have found out. The Inside Out series of books from Microsoft have the best info on Windows and are reasonably priced from Amazon.

qubit, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7

1. Data Gone encrypted After Downgrading From Windows 10 Back to 7 - Similar Threads - Data Gone encrypted

2. going back to windows 7 from windows 10 no data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going back to windows 7 from windows 10 no data lost: HiI love windows 10 and all buth it is just not for my pc it is sloowwwww so is there a way to go backs to windows 7 without data lost after 10 daysThank you for sticking by.-Marino Grbavac...
  3. going back to windows 7 from windows 10 no data lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    going back to windows 7 from windows 10 no data lost: HiI love windows 10 and all buth it is just not for my pc it is sloowwwww so is there a way to go backs to windows 7 without data lost after 10 daysThank you for sticking by.-Marino Grbavac...
  4. going back to windows 7 from windows 10 no data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10: I have a laptop that came with Windows 7. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 a while back. I need to downgrade to Windows 7 for a period of time due to a software that doesn't work in 10. After I use the software I will need to upgrade back to 10. I can't find a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro from downgrade option back to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro from downgrade option back to Windows 7 Pro: I purchased a new PC sometime back and opted to downgrade back to Windows 7 Pro from the included Windows 10 Pro OS. Can I now activate the Windows 10 Pro? How do I do this?...
  7. downgrading from windows 10 to 7

downgrading from windows 10 to 7: hello everyone and thanks for reading i have a hp pavilion dv6 laptop that came with an installed original version of windows 7. i used free upgrade to windows 10 a year ago but my graphic cards drivers dont work properly on windows 10. so i want to go back to windows 7 but...
  8. downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7

downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7: I built a PC specific PC to try out Windows 10. I installed Win 7 and then the free upgrade to 10. After several updates I have lost patience with 10 and wish to return to the original 7 installation. I have the original Win 7 disc and am aware of the new product key issued...
  9. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7: Hi guys, my name is tom and i have a little problem here after downgrading from win 10 back to win 7. All i know is that it can work on safety mode and teh bsod code os 0x0000007e. Can somebody tell me why is this happening and how to solve it? Btw laptop is Hp Pavillion g6....
  10. Downgrade from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from 10 to 7: Hello all ! Do you know how to downgrade a W10 ( as well as 8.1) pre-installed computer to Windows 7 ? Looks like it's not so easy as booting from a DVD or USB key and installing ! Thanks a lot ! Joss 41706

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open bitlocker drive after downgrade to windows 7