Windows 10: Data HDD

Discus and support Data HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uncle_Ian, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Uncle_Ian Win User

Data HDD

Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be something like cData HDD :programfiles/adobe blah blah blah How do I install it onto me data drive? Upon installation do I just create a folder on the data drive and install it there? I then assume i put a shortcut on my desktop to it in the normal way? Is that correct.I see that my documents folder and music etc I can change there lo

:)

Uncle_Ian, Mar 6, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 6, 2022
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 6, 2022
  4. Data HDD

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Data HDD :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

Data HDD

1. Data HDD - Similar Threads - Data HDD

2. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  3. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  4. How to copy data from HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  6. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  7. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

8. I want some information regarding data recovery from a RAW HDD. I would appreciate any...

I want some information regarding data recovery from a RAW HDD. I would appreciate any...: My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Initially, I had a 2TB HDD. I transferred my OS to a Samsung SSD using Samsung data migration. My laptop is working fine without any problem. But connecting my old HDD using a SATA cable is asking me to format it and showing RAW in disk...
  9. I want some information regarding data recovery from a RAW HDD. I would appreciate any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want some information regarding data recovery from a RAW HDD. I would appreciate any...: My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Initially, I had a 2TB HDD. I transferred my OS to a Samsung SSD using Samsung data migration. My laptop is working fine without any problem. But connecting my old HDD using a SATA cable is asking me to format it and showing RAW in disk...
  10. I want some information regarding data recovery from a RAW HDD. I would appreciate any...