Windows 10: Data left after formatting windows via boot menu .

Discus and support Data left after formatting windows via boot menu . in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop and there was a physical damage on it , to which I requested for replacement. An engineer arrived at my place to check it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ayushagarwal016, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Data left after formatting windows via boot menu .

I recently bought a laptop and there was a physical damage on it , to which I requested for replacement.

An engineer arrived at my place to check it and sealed it and arranged a replacement for me.

I wanted to know that as he formatted windows , will my Microsoft account get removed ? And what all data will be left in device .All I remember is that he holded f11 for long and went to some boot menu.

I can still see the laptop under my devices in my ms account, but can't lock it as it isn't connected to internet.

I didn't had any data on my d drive and e drive, only my Microsoft account was logged in on the laptop and one drive in my files.I don't have any data on the pc just Microsoft account was there and a password saved in Microsoft edge browser which I further changed.

:)

ayushagarwal016, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Formatting a dual boot system with windows 10 and ubuntu

Hi,

In Windows 10, you can easily format a hard drive or a partition by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Data left after formatting windows via boot menu .

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Data left after formatting windows via boot menu .

1. Data left after formatting windows via boot menu . - Similar Threads - Data left formatting

2. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  3. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  4. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS data format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS data format: In the function ClearCommError from winbase API, an IOCTL call with code IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS is sent to the driver and a pointer Request is passed as a parameter. What exactly is expected to be returned to the function by this pointer from the driver side? What is the...
  7. Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting: 2 days ago, I was tyring to free up storage on my local disk c but after latest windows update end of april 2021, I think some option was changed. The one option that I used is gone. Long story short, I found an option that I think was the new one, "Manage Storage Spaces", I...
  8. Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Boot Menu missing after data migration: Hello Community, I migrated two systems W8.1 and W10 from two different HDDs onto two SSDs. The systems start well individually but I have to enter the BIOS to choose either one of them. Prior to the data migration, I had the dual boot function straight upon startup. Now it...
  9. Issues with Booting after Formatting

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Booting after Formatting: Hello, After having booting issues on my Samsung Series 7 All-in-one (i7). I decided to clean reinstall Windows 10. After installing, I am having issues with booting windows 10 and I am left with: The Boot Configuration Data file doesnt contain valid information for an...
  10. Start menu (left)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495