Windows 10: Data loss

Discus and support Data loss in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkOBoii, Feb 23, 2020.

1. MarkOBoii Win User

Data loss

I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th time its happened it only happens when i restart my pc its not every time only some times

:)

MarkOBoii, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Feb 23, 2020
  3. S-and-S Win User
    DATA LOSS

No one can help you if you won't tell us what data was lost, where it was originally stored, and
    what steps you've taken so far to find it. Otherwise, you're hoping for a lucky guess.

Do you normally backup your data?

S-and-S, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Data loss

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Data loss

1. Data loss - Similar Threads - Data loss

2. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  3. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  4. Data Loss Prevention notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Loss Prevention notifications: I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune...
  5. Data Loss Prevention notifications

Data Loss Prevention notifications: I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune...
  6. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  7. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  8. Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 Upgrading Windows 11 Without Data Loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 Upgrading Windows 11 Without Data Loss?: I recently realized that I'm on Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 and I'm a bit concerned about whether I'll be able to receive the latest version updates. From what I've read, it seems like I might not be able to update to the latest version without performing a clean install.I...
  9. Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 Upgrading Windows 11 Without Data Loss?

Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 Upgrading Windows 11 Without Data Loss?: I recently realized that I'm on Windows 11 OS Build 21996.1 and I'm a bit concerned about whether I'll be able to receive the latest version updates. From what I've read, it seems like I might not be able to update to the latest version without performing a clean install.I...
  10. How to act if advice on forums causes data loss, and the post is locked?

How to act if advice on forums causes data loss, and the post is locked?: Hi,this post is one of the top answers for solving the problem with NVMe disks not being recognized by the installer.the steps described indeed work, but there is a catch: this deletes everything off the disk, while the question concerns installation of a dual boot...