Windows 10: Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Discus and support Data lost after after windows 10 latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BelaGhumman, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue

Thank you so much!!!

:)

BelaGhumman, Aug 17, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Data lost after after windows 10 latest update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

1. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update - Similar Threads - Data lost latest

2. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  3. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  4. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  5. Lost data after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  6. data lost after win10 update

data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  7. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  8. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  9. Lost files after latest Microsoft Update

Lost files after latest Microsoft Update: I have lost all my pictures and documents after Microsoft's lates update. This is the secount time this has happend, I was able to get a friend to restore, but hate asking AGAIN!! Why does this keep happening and how do I retrieve all my missing documents, files, photos,...
  10. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...