Windows 10: Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10.

Discus and support Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was changing Language settings from windows 10 Settings. It asked me to Sign off to apply settings successfully, After sign off i restarted my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amansaxena1, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10.

I was changing Language settings from windows 10 Settings. It asked me to Sign off to apply settings successfully, After sign off i restarted my PC and then I lost My data.

:)

Amansaxena1, Nov 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10.

1. Data Lost after change in Settings in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Data Lost change

2. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  3. lost settings after restartWindows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost settings after restartWindows 10: When I restart my laptop HP Pavilion g6 it loses keyboard and mouse settings and some files. Yesterday I was having a "chat" with Tech Support and they saved a notepad file on my desktop to enable me to resume the chat after a restart, but the file wasn't there!...
  4. Lost data after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  5. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  6. Recover lost data after mishandling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover lost data after mishandling: Hi everyone I'm looking for a free tool to retrieve data I lost after mishandling from my little cousin. He totally removed the only user installed (reset to factory value or maybe he formatted the disk I'm not sure) can anyone help please? submitted by /u/kheirus [link]...
  7. data lost after win10 update

data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  8. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade, lost data

Windows 10 upgrade, lost data: I just lost photos and other important data while downloading the windows 10 update to my external hard drive. I now see on the web that for years others have had this problem. What can I do, and why did you delete my data without warning me? Have you been sued for this yet?...
  10. Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 As you use Windows, we collect diagnostic information, and to make sure we're listening to you, our customer, we've also built ways for you to send us feedback...