Windows 10: Data lost after update to build 18362.356

Discus and support Data lost after update to build 18362.356 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my Windows 10 laptop updated last night to version 1903, build 18362.356. Now, all (and I mean really all) my data seems lost. Some installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by qsdk4oso23, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Data lost after update to build 18362.356

Hi,

my Windows 10 laptop updated last night to version 1903, build 18362.356. Now, all (and I mean really all) my data seems lost. Some installed apps, as well as all my settings, are gone too. C:\Windows.old contains folders, but all of them (e. g. the C:\Windows.old\Users\myname\Documents) are empty as well.
    Showing hidden files did not solve the problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how to restore my data?

Thank you very much and best regards.

:)

qsdk4oso23, Oct 16, 2019

2. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on
    a laptop and it works OK. I've gone through the HP process of adding in the printer drivers and then switching on the printer and it still can't be discovered. Its an old printer, about 12 years old, but I think it should still work. Any suggestions?

JamesStones, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Data lost after update to build 18362.356 :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 16, 2019
  4. hbja Win User

Data lost after update to build 18362.356

how to remove pause in advanced options in build 18362 windows updates

2019-answers-how to remove pause in advanced options in build 18362 windows updates, Press Windows key + I and select update and security >> Advanced options >>choose how updates are delivered>>toggle the switch to OFF. THERE IS NO TOGGLE SWITCH TO
    TURN OFF!!!

Thema:

Data lost after update to build 18362.356

1. Data lost after update to build 18362.356 - Similar Threads - Data lost update

2. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  3. Updates and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and lost data: Each month Microsoft does an update on my computer and each month all my data is lost. Why does this keep happening and how can I stop this happening each month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-and-lost-data/9652240b-05c9-4d62-8e41-d3c1d0b3c51b
  4. Lost data after windows update

Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  5. Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update: I lost some of my data from OneNote after the last update and can't retrieve it. Any ideas? Windows will not allow me to go back to a previous version....
  6. data lost after win10 update

data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  7. NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362

NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362: NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362 [ATTACH] This character before the date digits show in any command in net.exe that includes the date, for example in the net time as well. As this character shows as a ? when using...
  8. Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362: I have an Alienware 17 R2 with GeForce GTX980m Everything seem to be running ok until the latest feature update. Since then I get a Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) on the 980m device and it will not come on at all. I tried...
  9. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  10. Small issue in latest build 18362....

in Windows 10 Support
    Small issue in latest build 18362....: Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close...