Windows 10: data lost after win10 update

Discus and support data lost after win10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dominika27, Mar 26, 2020.

1. data lost after win10 update

Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and folder have been found. Recuva file recovery find 2 pptx, wich are written over by windows system files ?. So please help me find a solution, how can I bring back my files! Unfortunately I have no backup or system restore points...

:)

Dominika27, Mar 26, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown data lost after win10 update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 26, 2020
  4. data lost after win10 update

user missing after latest win10 updates

After todays update of win10, lost one of the user where all the data was stored. Kindly suggest how to restore the user or recover the data..

AarvyGoyal, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

data lost after win10 update

1. data lost after win10 update - Similar Threads - data lost win10

2. Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update: I lost some of my data from OneNote after the last update and can't retrieve it. Any ideas? Windows will not allow me to go back to a previous version....
  3. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...
  4. Lost DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730
  5. Data lost after update to build 18362.356

Data lost after update to build 18362.356: Hi, my Windows 10 laptop updated last night to version 1903, build 18362.356. Now, all (and I mean really all) my data seems lost. Some installed apps, as well as all my settings, are gone too. C:\Windows.old contains folders, but all of them (e. g. the...
  6. Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Quicken user data after Windows update: I am a Quicken user and the last upgrade to my computer caused a loss of stored memory to this program. I'm not sure how this happened as I have a external hard drive I use to backup all info on. I lost over a months worth of info. I've tried unsuccessfully to retrieve this...
  7. lost data

lost data: I downloaded Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348. But my system presented issues. So I restored my OS using a previous image. Everything was fine but then I noticed that one of my internal drives where BitLocker was enabled had deleted all my data. I still have the volume...
  8. lost data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost data: i lost my data and money gt racing 2 on my pc please help me username maskongkong email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/80a61bfb-04c9-4170-a2ff-7f6ebc78c9cb
  9. data lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    data lost: I was blocked from my one drive account ( password didn't work on android samsung got numerous frames that asked for additional e-mails to "add it as aliases to your existing account" and endless codes that didn't work) and now I see all my data was deleted, where do I file...
  10. Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update: Hi, on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this: Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there. But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e. Win demands hardware driver...