Windows 10: Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10

Discus and support Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, OS: Windows 10 Machine: HP EliteBook Issue: I have lost 200 GB of data stored on the desktop, post re-boot the data is gone. The drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abul AulaJasser, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10

Hi All,

Machine: HP EliteBook

Issue: I have lost 200 GB of data stored on the desktop, post re-boot the data is gone. The drive shows free space, the recovery tools are only showing a fraction of this data but 99% is irrecoverable.

The data included large project files and personal important images.

:)

Abul AulaJasser, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 20, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    RCoon, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10

Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10 [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10

1. Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Data Lost Automatically

2. DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  3. Re Lawsuit Postings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re Lawsuit Postings: I am in if you wish to get a class action against Microsoft, you need find a attorney to take the case and agree with the lawyer that they get a percent of the winnings, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft are infringing on my privacy and rights....
  4. Lost Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Data: Lost data after Microsoft update. Edge replaced everything -- docs, videos, pics, restore points, browser, etc. How can I reclaim data without restore points? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/c50c4691-93db-4f84-ac70-db1e1e6509a9
  5. Lost DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730
  6. Windows 10 CORRUPTED post automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CORRUPTED post automatic updates: Windows 10 pro failed to restart in normal after its automatic updates (in background). I have tried a number of attempts in Troubleshoots mode, with the following options but no luck, Start-up Repair Failed to enter Safemode The system just been restarting (as a cycle)...
  7. Cannot boot with 2nd HD plugged in. Post Windows 10 re-install

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot with 2nd HD plugged in. Post Windows 10 re-install: Hello, Summary of problem: After re-installing Windows 10 on my SSD (i'll refer to this as drive 1), I have to have my 2nd HDD (i'll refer to this as drive 2) unplugged to get it to boot to windows. Note: Drive 1 is the drive I originally had windows installed. As a test...
  8. How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot?: My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using Acronis Disk Director 12.5 booted from a flash drive. When this was finished, I removed the backup device and the DD flash drive...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade, lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, lost data: I just lost photos and other important data while downloading the windows 10 update to my external hard drive. I now see on the web that for years others have had this problem. What can I do, and why did you delete my data without warning me? Have you been sued for this yet?...
  10. Windows 10 (re)boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (re)boot.: Hello, When I (re)boot Windows 10 Pro version 1804, first of all, a black screen appears asking which OS to start up and after choosing Windows 10 (the only one mentioned) a blue screen appears with startup settings and asking to choose a F-key. With F8, the boot process...