Windows 10: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery

Discus and support Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Lost ~ 1 TB of data on a 2TB drive. *Banghead Tried mini tool partition wizard, 12.3 (free) and it "seems" to scan the disk. Disk Recovery runs for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by meebers, Mar 14, 2021.

1. meebers Win User

Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery

Lost ~ 1 TB of data on a 2TB drive. *Banghead Tried mini tool partition wizard, 12.3 (free) and it "seems" to scan the disk. Disk Recovery runs for several hours and then crashes. It does show ~ 7-8k files it found. Information on their site says that only Pro has that capability, yet Free seems to do something?

Question is: Anybody tried Mini Tool Partition Wizard Pro and had success? Don't want to do a $130 experiment and find out it does not work. Tx for any info

:)

meebers, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery :)

Mussels, Mar 14, 2021
  3. meebers Win User

Lost ~ 1 TB of data on a 2TB drive. *Banghead Tried mini tool partition wizard, 12.3 (free) and it "seems" to scan the disk. Disk Recovery runs for several hours and then crashes. It does show ~ 7-8k files it found. Information on their site says that only Pro has that capability, yet Free seems to do something?

Question is: Anybody tried Mini Tool Partition Wizard Pro and had success? Don't want to do a $130 experiment and find out it does not work. Tx for any info

meebers, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery

Lost the data only, but not the partition?

Or both?

Some tools work on one, but not the other.

ignatzatsonic, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery - Similar Threads - Data lost backup

2. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  3. Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?

Is Minitool data recovery for android phone any good ?: I would like to know is it possible to recover a deleted text messages from android phone using some software like Minitool data recovery or does it depend on type of phone and age of it..mine is Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 with Android version 6.0.1. I have tried some but after...
  4. Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converted to SSD lost recovery data?: Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.508. --on new SSD (Drive C:), it show 1GB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI partition, Then NTFS...
  5. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  6. Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal: On Friday 17 May PST you can get MiniTool Power Data Recovery - Personal Edition at a reduced price. Our price: $41.40 List price: $69.00 You save: 40% MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets anyone, regardless of technical expertise, recover lost data from deletions and...
  7. LOST PARTITIONS AND DATA of my Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOST PARTITIONS AND DATA of my Hard Disk Drive: Accidently i cleaned up my hard disk drive on windows 10. And lost all partitions, became only partion now and another is as named Re Tools. How to restore my all lost partitions and data as it was. i have a recovery drive using file history....
  8. MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!

MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!: Just sharing this. I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do. *Smile I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable files. But it would be...
  9. MiniTool Backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MiniTool Backup.: Is anybody here testing this, apart fom me. MiniTool System Backup Beta - Free System Backup and Data Protection Solution 82652
  10. May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?: Hi I used CLEAN in DISKPART and i delete all partitions of my only disk. Now i dont have any OS on my laptop and i want recover partition by "Partition Wizard" or "Test Disk" that can boot from CD but i fear that this bootable program overwrite on my only disk to load...