Windows 10: Data Lost - Temp Profile

Discus and support Data Lost - Temp Profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week my windows got updated. And I was was not able to see my files under my music and my pictures folder. I was however able to find my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rushvi Dalal, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Data Lost - Temp Profile

Last week my windows got updated. And I was was not able to see my files under my music and my pictures folder. I was however able to find my files under the users folder and I manually copied all of my data to my music and my pictures folder.

After I restarted my computer this data was missing. Later I realized I had copied my data on the temp profiles' My music and My pictures folder. Now I am unable to access these files after I logged in from my profile.

How do I recover this data?

:)

Rushvi Dalal, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Aug 14, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Data Lost - Temp Profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 14, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Data Lost - Temp Profile

Lost Profile

HELP
    Booted computer today and it go to temp. profile to open? How do I get my profile back? All suggestions welcome *cry

zplugger, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Data Lost - Temp Profile

1. Data Lost - Temp Profile - Similar Threads - Data Lost Temp

2. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  3. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  4. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  6. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  7. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  9. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  10. Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...