Windows 10: Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive

Discus and support Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Onedrive was automatically uploading my files from desktop and I tried to cancel the upload files from desktop but unable to do it. So I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/debasisahoo, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive

Onedrive was automatically uploading my files from desktop and I tried to cancel the upload files from desktop but unable to do it.

So I uninstalled onedrive. Meanwhile my partly uploaded files from desktop got deleted automatically.

I checked but the files are not in desktop nor in my one drive. I reinstalled onedrive just to check if my files comes back, didn't happen.

Tried recovery but of no use.

Please help.

submitted by /u/debasisahoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/debasisahoo, Sep 29, 2020
  2. AGenza Win User

OneDrive Upload Issue-Data Lost

Purchased a new home computer in March 2018 with Windows 10. Have been saving an Excel file that is updated weekly to OneDrive, which is apparently this OS's default save location. Just received the message "UPLOAD FAILED: The server storage quota has
    been exceeded." I had the options to either "Save a Copy" or "Discard Changes". Thinking there was some glitch and if I select the later, I would only lose the small update I had just made which I was OK with. When I reopened the file, I had lost ALL of
    my data from March on! I have tried to recover unsaved worksheets in Excel, perform searches on my computer for backup copies, and locate previous versions in OneDrive. The latest previous version that OneDrive has was back on April 1.

My data has to be someplace, right?? How can I have been able to open this file for these pas 3 months and see all my data in tact each and every time before I received this Upload Failed message. Please help!!

AGenza, Sep 29, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Large upload to Onedrive

The first step is to purchase or otherwise have that much free space in OneDrive.

The second step is to make sure that no individual file is larger than 10 GB since that is OneDrive's limit for a single file. (OneDrive for Business has a larger cap.)

The third step is to simply drag and drop your files onto the OneDrive interface. That much data will take several days to upload.

BulldogXX, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive

Win 10 OneDrive Stop an upload

There is. I told you how to disable OneDrive so it wouldn't keep synching your drive and you could do the uploads manually by creating a folder on OneDrive ONLINE and uploading the files in smaller data chunks.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

There is also a way to stop the Upload IN OneDrive

When you're uploading files you will notice to your right on your monitor a section that lists what you are uploading. Simply click the "x" next to the file name to cancel the upload.

Or next to the "Uploading x number of items" to cancel the whole operation.

Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive 9b5cb610-a8a3-4bed-8439-fdfc9ee7517a.png

Pretty simple, huh?

And FYI: The original question asked was "Why is it so slow" and I answered that.

CassMorrison_2735, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive

1. Data lost when cancelled upload to onedrive - Similar Threads - Data lost cancelled

2. How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file: hi there..i need help ...since yesterday my onedrive is uploading files and i still have over 27,000to go and im running out of place so how can i cancel everything that is download... thank you...
  3. How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file: hi there..i need help ...since yesterday my onedrive is uploading files and i still have over 27,000to go and im running out of place so how can i cancel everything that is download... thank you...
  4. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  5. Uploading to OneDrive

Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  6. Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive: OneDrive will not upload one specific MS Word document. THe error message say that it is a LibreOffice 6.2.lnk file and that "it appears that you do nto have access permissions to the item." However, I created it with MS Word and it shows itself as a MS Word document....
  7. Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive

Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive: OneDrive will not upload one specific MS Word document. THe error message say that it is a LibreOffice 6.2.lnk file and that "it appears that you do nto have access permissions to the item." However, I created it with MS Word and it shows itself as a MS Word document....
  8. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  9. uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  10. Onedrive Uploading?

Onedrive Uploading?: How do I know what files are being uploaded to my Onedrive as I seem to have a huge amount of them being uploaded if I look at my icon? [img] However if I look at what I think my setting should be they look like this. [img] Now if I look at the properties of...