Windows 10: Data not identified and check for updates for long time

Discus and support Data not identified and check for updates for long time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, My FS2020 data was deleted and I installed the recovered data in the same path as before, but it is not recognized and stays in the update checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mobin mosafa, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Data not identified and check for updates for long time

Hi, My FS2020 data was deleted and I installed the recovered data in the same path as before, but it is not recognized and stays in the update checking section for a long time and finally nothing happens. Please help me

:)

mobin mosafa, Feb 27, 2024

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Windows 10, after log in loads desktop for really long time

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern, please answer the following questions:

• Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Run a System File Check (SFC). It will revert the system files back to the default state. Please click this
      link and follow the instructions provided by
      ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP).
    • Perform a Clean Boot. Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or start up items are
      causing the issue.
    Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Charianne Per, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Data not identified and check for updates for long time

Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Data not identified and check for updates for long time

1. Data not identified and check for updates for long time - Similar Threads - Data identified check

2. Data not identified and check for updates for long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data not identified and check for updates for long time: Hi, My FS2020 data was deleted and I installed the recovered data in the same path as before, but it is not recognized and stays in the update checking section for a long time and finally nothing happens. Please help me...
  3. Data not identified and check for updates for long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data not identified and check for updates for long time: Hi, My FS2020 data was deleted and I installed the recovered data in the same path as before, but it is not recognized and stays in the update checking section for a long time and finally nothing happens. Please help me...
  4. Windows Update check taking too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update check taking too long: Windows Update Checking for updates is taking so long to check for updates. Please give solutions.P.S. I have I ran Windows Update troubleshoot and updated all my drivers. It didn't help....
  5. Windows Update check taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update check taking too long: Windows Update Checking for updates is taking so long to check for updates. Please give solutions.P.S. I have I ran Windows Update troubleshoot and updated all my drivers. It didn't help....
  6. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  7. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  8. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  9. Delete account and data taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete account and data taking a very long time.: I'm just concerned that it's taking a long time to delete a local account. Is this normal or is something weird happening? How long does it take? submitted by /u/Big_Noobus [link] [comments]...
  10. checking the backup data

checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c