Windows 10: Data on UDP port 162 blocked

Discus and support Data on UDP port 162 blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to listen to traps on UDP port 162, but the application is not receiving any data. I can see the data onwireshark. I have created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BSB_CA, May 30, 2019.

1. BSB_CA Win User

Data on UDP port 162 blocked

Hi

I am trying to listen to traps on UDP port 162, but the application is not receiving any data.
    I can see the data onwireshark. I have created inbound rules to allow all data on UDP for all port numbers.

Looks like something else needs to be done to receive data.

I am using windows 10 Pro.

Thanks
    BSB

:)

BSB_CA, May 30, 2019
  2. Fr. Yuri Win User

UDP Ports

Windows 10 appears to be a totally control-freak operating system and I'm hating it.

I'm trying to run a TeamSpeak 3 server on my computer. It uses UDP Port 9987. I can access the port locally, through localhost or 127.0.0.1, even my internal IP... 192.168.1.116. But the instant I try to access it from the internet, it fails to connect.
    Yes, the port is forwarded in my router's port forwarding. Every program that uses TCP ports works just fine. But UDP ports are being blocked by something and I can't figure out what is blocking it. So, logically, since I don't have anything but the router,
    windows firewall and windows defender, it MUST be windows. I've checked for proxies between the internet and my router and there are none. So, again, logically, the only option left is Windows 10 itself.

I use to be able to use UDP ports in Windows 7 and Windows 8. It stopped when I upgraded to 8.1 and then 10 it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestiongs?

I have a local portforward checking application that pings a external server that then tries to connect using the specified protocol for the specified port and it works just fine on TCP 9987, but when I tell it to check UDP 9987, it immediately comes back
    stating that a program is blocking the UDP 9987. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, somebody help me get this working. I'm pulling my hair out here.

Fr. Yuri, May 30, 2019
  3. bri-ko Win User
    How to open a udp port in windows 10

Trying to set up Tripp Lite PAL and PANSA and need UDP ports 161, 162, 3664, 3665 opened.

bri-ko, May 30, 2019
  4. bri-ko Win User

How to open a udp port in windows 10

Mike I followed your instructions and set up the firewall. I rebooted the computer and checked the firewall settings again and shows open. When I use the scanany app from my smart phone (on the same network) I only see UDP ports
    137, 1900, 5353, & 5355 open. I’m attaching the export from the firewall page . Note I set up two entries, one with just 161 and 162 and the other with all four ports I need for the Tripp Lite PANSA to work

Appreciate your assistance with this

Brian

Name Group Profile Enabled Action Override Program Local Address Remote Address Protocol Local Port Remote Port Authorized Users Authorized Computers Authorized Local Principals Local User Owner Application Package
    TrippLite UPS Control Private Yes Allow No Any Any Any UDP 161, 162, 3664, 3665 161, 162, 3664, 3665 Any Any Any Any Any

Tripplite2 All Yes Allow No Any Any Any UDP 161, 162 161, 162 Any Any Any Any Any

bri-ko, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Data on UDP port 162 blocked - Similar Threads - Data UDP port

2. UDP port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  3. UDP port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  4. Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500: How can we prevent Windows from interacting with packets received on UDP port 4500?Tested on other UDP ports, all can correctly receive data, while using UDP port 4500, no data can be received.Have already tried1. Stopping IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules.2. Stopping IPsec...
  5. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  6. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  7. UDP ports not released

UDP ports not released: I have a problem where the UDP ports on my computer aren't being released. I monitor both the TCP and the UDP port assignments every 10 seconds. This is the script I'm running: #!/usr/bin/ksh while true do d=`date` lp=0 lp=`netstat -anp UDPgrep -c 65535` if [ $lp...
  8. What is a TCP and UDP Port? How to block or open them in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a TCP and UDP Port? How to block or open them in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are a network engineer or a normal user, you may need to find, open or block a virtual port, such as a TCP or a UDP port for an application. Virtual ports help you manage your network hardware [...] This post What is a TCP and UDP Port? How to block...
  9. UDP ports in Windows Defender

UDP ports in Windows Defender: How to open UDP port in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/udp-ports-in-windows-defender/25463022-51bd-4984-97af-07c3d2b382cd
  10. UDP conenction on 255.255.255.255 on port 5050 continuously receiving data!

UDP conenction on 255.255.255.255 on port 5050 continuously receiving data!: Hello, I have windows 10 PC, LAN-connected to an internet router, which links two other PCs. On two of these PCs I noticed that there is a UDP connection on port 5050 (svchost.exe (LocalService -p) that is continuously receiving data at a rate of about 5KB. What is this and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to pansa running on different computer