Windows 10: Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

Discus and support Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aryan Singh, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube channels). I have one 250GB Crucial m.2 MX500 SSD as primary and one 1TB Samsung QVO 860 2.5" SSD as secondary drive installed in my laptop. 2 days back, I wanted to copy some videos, connected to my laptop and it showed me this. and in the Disk Management Utility it shows RAW drive. I have been using this External HDD since 2 years now and was working properly till 20th June (Sunday). The HDD contains around 600GB of videos and some premiere pro files. Went around internet, watched videos, went on to forums, I bumped into TestDisk recovery utility. Then I came across a thread here How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive? and went through this. Please help me recover my HDD into its normal state. Thank you in advance.

:)

Aryan Singh, Jun 22, 2021

2. Data recovery on external hard drive

Backed up 500gb data onto 1tb external Toshiba hard drive (v63700-c, HDTB210xk3ba), created a windows recovery drive on Toshiba external hard drive using windows 10 s/w which has 500gb data. While creating a recovery drive, windows 10 didn't warn
    me that data will be deleted, my data 500gb is not visible on toshiba external drive, want to get back my data ? Can you pl help me? searched internet and found R-studio, testdisk, minitool s/w which seems will recover deleted partition, did anyone used these
    or any suggestions highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Jun 22, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

data on external hard drive & recovery drive

Hi,

I had 5000gb data on 1Tb external hard drive, so created recovery drive on it with windows 10. when creating recovery drive, windows 10 didn't tell that data on external hard drive will be deleted, but when I connected don't see 500gb data, it only shows
    recovery drive. How do I can see my data on external hard drive? Any help is highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

1. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive - Similar Threads - Data Recovery RAW

2. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  3. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD file recovery from RAW: hello, I am trying to find a way of retrieving files from a laptop HDD that appears to have changed to RAW? it doesn't show up on computer management on a working pc using an adapter. I have attached a picture in command prompt in the hope that someone can let me know what...
  4. HDD file recovery from RAW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  6. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  7. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  8. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed: Hello, I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting the drive to my PC to see what was on there via SATA E: Drive, I was able to interact with the files on it and run .exe...
  9. Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Save RAW drive - Don't want data: One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used. Windows will not complete a format of it. Shows up in my computer. Is there any way of saving this drive? 32601
  10. Recover data from RAW disk?

Recover data from RAW disk?: Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the...