Windows 10: Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB

Discus and support Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had 450GB data in my 1TB WD external HDD when i made my external HDD a Windows 10 bootable USB, my all data was vanished and HDD was automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by totalxfactor, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB

I had 450GB data in my 1TB WD external HDD when i made my external HDD a Windows 10 bootable USB, my all data was vanished and HDD was automatically resized from 931GB to 29GB.

I have tried to convert my HDD back from bootable to normal but couldn't do it. Then i have it formatted, created partition again.

Now i am trying to recover data with Ease US Pro data recovery but it is not helping.

I have been able to recover only windows 10 setup.

Please help.

:)

totalxfactor, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 15, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Sep 15, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB

1. Data recovery from WDD external after it is converted to Windows 10 bootable USB - Similar Threads - Data recovery WDD

2. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  3. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  4. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  6. Data recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery from USB: Hello, Recently I decided to reinstall Windows and used USB flash drive for it. I downloaded Media Creation Tool but used the wrong USB and now its data is gone. I tried some apps to recover but they didn't help. How can I recover my data? Thanks in advance submitted by...
  7. USB data recovery

USB data recovery: Hi I am charan I had stored all my photos and videos in a USB drive after a few weeks. I can't find my photos and files and it is blank Can I know are there any free use software for USB data recovery Can I get help Please? Thanks...
  8. Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converted to SSD lost recovery data?: Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.508. --on new SSD (Drive C:), it show 1GB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI partition, Then NTFS...
  9. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB: So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a folder on a very large HDD.*Cool But I also have these bootable CDs for Win XP and Windows 7. I don't want to simply pitch...
  10. Recovery USB drive vs. Windows 10 bootable USB ?

Recovery USB drive vs. Windows 10 bootable USB ?: 1 . In Windows 10, one can create a Recovery Drive on a USB flash drive . 2 .Using Rufus after downloading Windows 10 installation ISO file from microsoft, I can make a bootable USB windows installation that can help me repair my existing windows installation or let me...