Windows 10: Data restoring

Discus and support Data restoring in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i restore my data after a boot error code 0xc000014c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LemuelKingsley, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Data restoring

Can i restore my data after a boot error code 0xc000014c

:)

LemuelKingsley, Sep 26, 2020
  2. MPREv Win User

Clearing (and restoring) Private data

Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC.

It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired.
    It is not my PC but from a friend.
    Usually in such a case I would create an image from the System and reset the OS to factory settings to wipe the data/settings.
    But this time I don’t have enough space (and will not have time for it) (Don’t need suggestions for Imaging).

The normal Data (documents, pictures …) are regularly saved / backup so not needed to be saved additionally.
    The goal would be removing / backing up the personal Data (in a fast and space saving way) to have them removed and make it possible to put them back, but not deleting /removing the installed Programs, applications and Games (Win32).

From my experience with Windows 7 or Older PCs I would also:

• Browser: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Mail Program: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Change User password (easy to restore)

But as for Windows 10 there are some new … implications about the

• connected Microsoft account
    • and the Apps

How to deal with them?
    How to remove / disconnect them in a way I can restore afterwards again?

MPREv, Sep 26, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Data restoring [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Data restoring

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Data restoring

1. Data restoring - Similar Threads - Data restoring

2. Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...: Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restore-data-after/09ff6721-519e-4923-9886-35e9c02abe64
  3. Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...: Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restore-data-after/09ff6721-519e-4923-9886-35e9c02abe64
  4. Is there any way to restore data after reinstalling Windows? I have drive D but I have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unfortunately, I've deleted my UserPorfile Data from Registry Editor, how can I restore them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unfortunately, I've deleted my UserPorfile Data from Registry Editor, how can I restore them?: I've deleted my current user profile from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ and suddenly all my application data has been deleted. That was really very important. Is there any option to recover them? I've checked my user...
  6. Unfortunately, I've deleted my UserPorfile Data from Registry Editor, how can I restore them?

Unfortunately, I've deleted my UserPorfile Data from Registry Editor, how can I restore them?: I've deleted my current user profile from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ and suddenly all my application data has been deleted. That was really very important. Is there any option to recover them? I've checked my user...
  7. Unfortunately, I've deleted my UserPorfile Data from Registry Editor, how can I restore them?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  9. Restore app data

Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  10. Accidentally deleted the "Promote Application Data" folder, how can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted the "Promote Application Data" folder, how can I restore it?: I need to recreate the Identity.PID file that was housed there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-the-promote-application-data/8dd802a1-40f7-41f7-98a4-5eb76ef9cf8c