Windows 10: Data reveals 1.5 billion Windows-powered PCs are used around in the world

Discus and support Data reveals 1.5 billion Windows-powered PCs are used around in the world in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The advent of smartphones, handheld devices and tablets have changed the way we work but the Microsoft’s Windows is still powering billions of devices.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 29, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Data reveals 1.5 billion Windows-powered PCs are used around in the world

The advent of smartphones, handheld devices and tablets have changed the way we work but the Microsoft’s Windows is still powering billions of devices. Microsoft’s Windows remains the number one operating system for the PC users, according to reports.

According to new data from Microsoft, Windows is being used on 1.5 computers around in the world. Microsoft updated ‘By the Numbers’ website to note that Windows is running on 1.5 billion computers out there.

As first spotted by Neowin, Microsoft quietly updated the By the Numbers website to share new facts and news. For example, the website notes that Microsoft’s Cortana has been asked 18 billion question since its launch and Windows is on 1.5 billion computers.

Microsoft recently confirmed that Windows 10 is running on 700 million active devices and the new figure suggests that Microsoft’s latest OS is powering almost half of the entire Windows-powered PC base which is great news.

According to stats from StatCounter (a third-party firm), Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows and Windows 7 is the runner-up with close to 40% market share. Microsoft is expected to end support for Windows 7 in early 2020 and this would boost the market share of Windows 10.

Most recently, Microsoft announced Windows 10 October 2018 Update which brings PCs closer to the phones. Microsoft offer services like Office, Edge, Launcher and others on Android and iOS devices. This approach has improved the overall Windows experience as users can resume their mobile work on PC, send and receive text messages, access notifications and more without touching their smartphone.

The post Data reveals 1.5 billion Windows-powered PCs are used around in the world appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 29, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    My PC was shutdown suddenly by power cut off so now it had some errors

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows and optional updates?

• Have you updated all the Drivers?

• What is that exact error message?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 Public Beta Released

Last month we brought information about the first Power Pack for Windows Home Server OS. Today, Microsoft announced the availability of the Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 Release Candidate for public beta testing. Again, this pack should fix the data corruption errors (KB #946676) with Windows Home Server that have plagued the OS since its release. Additional list of known issues are available on the Windows Home Server forums. Download the Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 RC from Microsoft Connect (registration is required).

Note: In an email sent to all beta testers Microsoft suggests that even with the public Power Pack 1 RC installed, users should back up all their files just in case "something happens".

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Data reveals 1.5 billion Windows-powered PCs are used around in the world - Similar Threads - Data reveals billion

2. Windows is used by over 1 billion users according to Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is used by over 1 billion users according to Microsoft: It does not happen very often that Microsoft provides information on the number of devices or users of its Windows operating systems or other products. Yesterday was such a day, as Microsoft revealed that Windows had more than 1 billion users. The post, published on the...
  3. Pictures from around the world

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures from around the world: I wasn't sure what sub-topic to put this under. Until this weekend, when I started my computer or it went to sleep, I would see a picture from somewhere around the world. Mouse click at the top, it would ask if I liked it or not. Mouse click in the middle, it would tell me...
  4. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  5. $5 billion lawsuit against Google for tracking private Internet use

in Windows 10 News
    $5 billion lawsuit against Google for tracking private Internet use: (Reuters) - Google was sued on Tuesday in a proposed class action accusing the internet search company of illegally invading the privacy of millions of users by pervasively tracking their internet use through browsers set in “private” mode. Read...
  6. Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond

in Windows 10 News
    Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond: This year, Microsoft Build 2020 is a digital-only event that we all get to experience from the comfort of our homes. We hope you enjoy learning about the new features and technologies that matter most to you. Today, I will have the privilege of sharing how developers can...
  7. Windows 10: Powering the world with 1 billion monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Powering the world with 1 billion monthly active devices: [ATTACH] From the launch of Windows 10, our focus was on moving people from having, to choosing, to loving Windows. With the release of every new build of Windows 10, we have seen customer satisfaction improve as we have made fixes and added new capabilities and...
  8. Arcades around the world....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arcades around the world....: Ah yes, the good old days of hanging out at a video arcade..... Incredible arcades around the world : theCHIVE 873660 3103
  9. Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT: Today, we are announcing that we will invest $5 billion in the Internet of Things over the next four years. The reason we are doing this is simple: Our goal is to give every customer the ability to transform their businesses, and the world at large, with connected solutions....
  10. Celebrating Windows 10 Devices Around the World

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrating Windows 10 Devices Around the World: Over the last few weeks, we’ve been celebrating new Windows 10 devices as they were unveiled around the world. It’s been an incredible journey – traveling 29,000 miles in less than two weeks from NYC to Barcelona to San Francisco to Taipei to Tokyo to Seoul and back to San...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows 1.5 billion