Windows 10: Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD

Discus and support Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'll try to be as brief as possible. Previous Setting: Device: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Storage: HDD Data Recovery... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YanAndrew, Aug 22, 2020.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD

Hi Guys,

I'll try to be as brief as possible.

Previous Setting:
    Device: Dell Vostro 3550
    Storage: HDD
    Data Recovery Prevention: File Shredder programme.

Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD fileshredder.png
    Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD iconimg90210.png

Current Setting:
    Device: Dell Vostro 3550
    Storage: Samsung EVO 860 SSD (TRIM enabled)

Question:
    How should I ensure my deleted data and files cannot be recovered by some data recovery softwares?

I understand that one should not shred or secure delete files in an SSD as it will shorten its life span, which is why I took the advice from a forum to encrypt my MacBook Pro with an SSD instead of shredding or secure deleting data and files. I am wondering what is the best way to prevent data recovery from my Windows 10 SSD (the main objective) now.

Any advice / suggestions?

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Aug 22, 2020
  2. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Aug 22, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 22, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Is it possible to recover data from a formatted SSD partition

Any secure erase application will prevent data recovery. Unlike with HDDs, overwriting the data once is sufficient to prevent recovery.

There's a free version of Tracks Eraser that should do the trick.

qubit, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD - Similar Threads - Data Security Recovery

2. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...
  3. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...
  4. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  5. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  6. Data recovery from windows format

7. Data recovery from windows format

8. Recovering data from an SSD

Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  9. Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converted to SSD lost recovery data?: Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.508. --on new SSD (Drive C:), it show 1GB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI partition, Then NTFS...
  10. Accidentally deleted data recovery from 1 TB SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally deleted data recovery from 1 TB SSD: Hello I called on the Microsoft community to ask if you can help me. Please tell me how to recover accidentally deleted data from a partition SSD 1TB. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...