Windows 10: Data Speed betwen HOST and VM CU edition and vmware is fixed

Discus and support Data Speed betwen HOST and VM CU edition and vmware is fixed in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there For those using VMWARE and have VM's on the same computer as the Host --Data speed transfer now seems to work at PROPER speed instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Data Speed betwen HOST and VM CU edition and vmware is fixed

Hi there

For those using VMWARE and have VM's on the same computer as the Host --Data speed transfer now seems to work at PROPER speed instead of Network speed -- great if you are using Wifi instead of LAN connections.

So for example transfer between 2 Windows VM's and an external device I'm still getting around 70 MB/s (approx. 280 Mib/s) instead of the Wifi connection going through the network.

Data Speed betwen HOST and VM  CU edition and vmware is fixed [​IMG]

Same whether Linux or Windows CU as Host -- still problematical if using other versions of Windows as Host.

Note the 70 MB/s is equiv to around 280 Mib/s = which isn't bad for a small external passport USB 3 HDD and transferring data between 2 VMs. Between a VM and the Host that improves to around 90 MB/s or 370 Mib/s - but it's between the VM's I'm finding particularly impressive - especially for these small external USB passport type drives .

(VMWARE workstation version 12.5.5 - also good for VMware player).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017

2. purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now, VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC

I plan to buy a MacBook Pro in Fall 2016.

I want to have Windows 10 guest as Vmware VM...in the above host Mac(Vmware Fusion)... currently is Windows 7 guest on Vmware Player on my Windows 10 host PC.

well I have to purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now,
    VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC...?

Lse123polis, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Ken_968 Win User
    Install VMware Player virtual machines in Windows 10

Yes, VMWare Player works with both Win10 home and pro. I installed it in Win10 Home and then upgraded Win10 Home to Pro. The old Canon Scanner and HP printer works. I also installed Firefox in the VM and "pushed" it a bit more aggressively for testing virus
    attacks. As VM is supposedly "isolated" from the host OS. "IF" anything bad happens, "only" the VM OS will crash and not affect the host OS. I checked the Windows Registry, VMWare is under the radar in the Registry. But, I did not want to push too hard to
    "prove" otherwise.

One thing is strange. My recent VMWare Player update to v12.5.7 ran into problem and crashed right after the auto download. The old version no longer worked. However, the manual update from the VMware website completed the download and automatically repaired
    whatever the damage. No uninstall and reinstall was needed. Quite nice!

Ken_968, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

Data Speed betwen HOST and VM CU edition and vmware is fixed

1. Data Speed betwen HOST and VM CU edition and vmware is fixed - Similar Threads - Data Speed betwen

2. VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's: Hi there clicking the 3D / hardware acceleration doesn't always work to get hardware acceleration and 3D to work on VM's with Linux hosts. A "get around" that usually works is to manually add this line to the .vmx (VMWare configuration file) : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers...
  3. VMWare fix for most kernels on Linux HOSTS

VMWare fix for most kernels on Linux HOSTS: Hi folks This script (I got from the net somewhere - can't remember though) should fix the problem with VMware and updated kernels when using Linux Hosts put this script in the vmmodules install file - usually this one : /etc/kernel/install.d/99-vmmodules.install...
  4. VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM)

VMware how to delete disks from HOST (not the VM): Hi folks there's plenty of info about removing a Virtual disk from a VMware VM but this just removes the virtual HDD from the VM but doesn't actually delete it from your Host disk. What you have to do is go into the VM file itself for the VM and once you've ascertained which...
  5. VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail

VM's using VMware on W10 Host with Storage Spaces randomly fail: Hi folks Running some VM's on W10 Host (x-64 PRO) with VMware workstation Rel 14 I get random failures if the VM's are on storage spaces. The same VM's work perfectly when on external SSD's or internal standard (non Storage space area) HDD's. The failures are seemingly...
  6. vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar

vmware Linux HOST W10 VM can't launch apps from taskbar: Hi there W10 X-64 pro (build 10547) and vmware workstation rel 12 - in full screen mode can't launch apps from taskbar. Works fine in Windowed mode This happens on LINUX Hosts - (Opensuse, Centos and Mint) Cheers jimbo 23751
  7. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  8. CU update as a VM - disable Monitor switch off - use HOST for this

CU update as a VM - disable Monitor switch off - use HOST for this: Hi there For people using the CU update as a VM - SWITCH OFF the setting Turn Monitor off -- I.e set it to NEVER and allow the HOST to control the main screen otherwise you'll have to login again with password - nuisance if running file sharing services etc The Host...
  9. VMWare VM in Hpyer V

VMWare VM in Hpyer V: HI Folks, Here is one of those really silly questions. . .*Smile,can you use a VM created with VMWare with Hyper V. Just wondering since MS doesn't want Hyper V and VMWare working together on the same OS. . .bummer. . .*Tongue 43374
  10. W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE)

W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE): Hi there I have 3 computers -- one Linux HOST and two W10 HOSTS. I have a number of VM's usually using BRIDGED mode but my W7 VM only seems to work when it's using NAT. Now in NAT it only sees the HOST machine on the network. It can't see any of the other machines....