Windows 10: " DATA SUCK" and Complacency

Discus and support " DATA SUCK" and Complacency in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm over it I'm trying and I can promise you that I will in the distant future find a way to avoid Microsoft and Apple for that fact in using their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GLambs1, Oct 28, 2019.

1. GLambs1 Win User

" DATA SUCK" and Complacency

I'm over it

I'm trying and I can promise you that I will in the distant future find a way to avoid Microsoft and Apple for that fact in using their services.

What's going on?

You're kidding right?

both of them have upgraded their operating systems and it seems its getting worse.

Maybe lots of people have plenty of data and plenty of time to waste with the bugs.

I haven't got much choice now but I'm trying to find a way to use an alternative.

Goliath was Huge but David did him in.

I'm not David but if there is someone out there who is Tech savvy and understands that the average person just wants to use the computer to do their studies or something simple if in the future you can help us non savvy types with simplicity please do so'

Here I am wasting my time with anger because I'm constantly chasing the problems that my iPad (Apple) and My PC (Windows 10) with their latest upgrades and of course the CLOUD.

Microsoft and Apple you're too complacent and your intertwining of the systems with the Cloud and the Data they've taken up is ridiculous.

No wonder you have to upgrade Hardware all the time.

Get this. the average person only a miniscule amount of the processing power of the machine.

Have you thought that maybe we don't need a lot of the **** youre dishing out to us.

You've made you're Gazillions and you're still hungry.

Why don't you try your systems before you go the next step.

You're MacDonald's when the big Mac tasted good and now it tasted like cardboard.

What's the point of even telling you what the problem is when everyone already knows.

You are just sucking up the data from us when its you're problem to start with.

But that's the business model you've created because you're too big for your boots and who can do anything about it.

You have the Cloud intertwined in every aspect of the system.

I cant wait to see what you re going to do when the thing implodes.

Yes you're all very intelligent but there is nothing wrong with the KISS method.

Last words.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

:)

GLambs1, Oct 28, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows sucking up data

Hi Eshani,

There is a way to check which activity accumulates most of your data, like looking it up on Settings. Kindly follow these steps to show the data usage:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click on Data usage tab.
    • Under Overview, Click on the usage bar.

" DATA SUCK" and  Complacency b94df69c-4daf-454f-8fbb-ef4d5d070d0f?upload=true.png
    • On Usage details window, you will see the list of apps that uses data from the most to least.

Let us know which program accumulates most of your data.

Janeane Cru, Oct 28, 2019
  4. " DATA SUCK" and Complacency

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown " DATA SUCK" and  Complacency :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

" DATA SUCK" and Complacency

1. " DATA SUCK" and Complacency - Similar Threads - DATA SUCK Complacency

2. Windows sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sucks: The worst nightmare of someone might be loosing their programs data and everything 4 days before the exam, it's the worst disease of windows I changed 3 devices for that issue, first device i had was on my dad's windows account and lol same issue hard disk isn't recognised by...
  3. Windows sucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sucks: The worst nightmare of someone might be loosing their programs data and everything 4 days before the exam, it's the worst disease of windows I changed 3 devices for that issue, first device i had was on my dad's windows account and lol same issue hard disk isn't recognised by...
  4. CORTANA SUCKS!!!

in Cortana
    CORTANA SUCKS!!!: MICRSOFT PLEASE TERMINATE CORTANA BECAUSE SHE SUCKS AND SHES USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-sucks/29067a06-98c0-4fc4-82ac-494bafbe70da
  5. Windows sucks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sucks: I have been using Windows for sometime now and it absolutely sucks.For several reasons actually.1. I can't disable the stupid "Windows Update". I can't stop it from eating up my wifi.2. It requires a Microsoft account for everything. I can't do even a simple task without a...
  6. Windows sucks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows sucks: I have been using Windows for sometime now and it absolutely sucks.For several reasons actually.1. I can't disable the stupid "Windows Update". I can't stop it from eating up my wifi.2. It requires a Microsoft account for everything. I can't do even a simple task without a...
  7. microsoft sucks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft sucks: use linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sucks/e26c7e1b-9ae9-4781-85c6-62b5a7d6cb72
  8. Suck on recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suck on recovery: I have put my pc into recovery and it should “recovering this pc” but it will get to 30% and say “something went wrong, couldnt recover the pc” and i cant access the actual pc because its stuck in recovery...
  9. " DATA" and Complacency

in Windows 10 Customization
    " DATA" and Complacency: I'm over it I'm trying and I can promise you that I will in the distant future find a way to avoid Microsoft and Apple for that fact in using their services. What's going on? You're kidding right? both of them have upgraded their operating systems and it seems its...
  10. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data: Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-data-usage-sucks-too-much-data/4ae12313-6c5b-4361-8294-c1e4c8ae37b9