Windows 10: Data Time On CD-R

Discus and support Data Time On CD-R in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to record 2 song arrangements that are on average 32 minutes long. These songs are great for just relaxing after a bad day or for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rjordan393, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Data Time On CD-R

Hello,
    I would like to record 2 song arrangements that are on average 32 minutes long. These songs are great for just relaxing after a bad day or for falling asleep . My CD-R can hold 700 MB/Mo for 80 minutes.
    So it appears straight forward that I can record both arrangements with in the time allowed on the disk.
    Is this correct? Or can I add more arrangements because I do not understand just how data is counted?

:)

rjordan393, Apr 2, 2018

2. burn to disk with Windows Media Player

Hi Elaine,

There are two types of CD that we can use for burning in Windows 10. These CDs are CD-R and CD-RW. CD-R is a disc storage format wherein you can record data only once. CD-RW is almost the same with CD-R, the difference is that you can record, erased, or
    rerecord data many times.

Based on your description, it seems that you are using a CD-R when burning items on your PC. We suggest that you use a CD-RW so you can still add items.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 2, 2018
  3. can not burn cd's it will play down loaded 10 windows media player help

having one tuff time trying to burn cd's I have cd's that are cd-r player will burn one will not accept any more cd says insert cd

roberthill_975, Apr 2, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Data Time On CD-R

This should work if the size of the files are not too large. What is the file extension of the songs? Right click the file and choose Properties. Under Type of file, what does it say? (ie) MP3, etc? It will also tell you how large the file is in MB's
    Use a free 3rd party CD burning app like CDBurnerXP Once installed, and started in the wizard, choose Audio Disc.
    In the upper pane, browse for your two audio files and drag them to the lower pane of the window. Put your blank CD-R in. The bar at the bottom will tell you if you have exceeded the capacity of the disc you are using. If it fits, press the Burn button on the taskbar between each pane.

spunk, Apr 2, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Even the humble Windows Media Player can burn an Audio CD from your music tracks, though third-party burners are more sophisticated.

You can't just copy the mp3 files to a Data CD, that would only be playable in a computer. Whatever burner you use, if you make an Audio CD your source files will be transcoded to the standard uncompressed 44100 Hz 16-bit audio format that is used for an Audio CD. Such a CD will play in any player. Though if you're lucky enough to have a CD player that can also play data CDs them the mp3 format would allow you to fit many hours onto a CD. It wouldn't be playable in many standard CD player though.

Bree, Apr 2, 2018
  6. Thanks,
    But I used Itunes to make the recordings and the program does not allow me to see properties under File.
    However i was successful in recording the two arrangements and the program also told that the multiple choices I would like to add would not fit. Thanks again. I like to listen to this music while driving. So at 32 minutes long for both arrangement, the that is plenty and more then enough.

rjordan393, Apr 2, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    My car's CD player can play mp3 files from a data CD, worth looking at the specs of yours to see if it is capable of mp3 playback. If so you can fit many hours of mp3 files onto a data CD.

Bree, Apr 2, 2018
  8. Data Time On CD-R

I recorded this music for the Cd player in my car and its a 2004 model and I do not know if MP3 technology was available back then. However I have made many recordings from my computer library to play in my car's disk player successfully. But as you read my replies, you can see that I am not that computer educated with Mp3.
    I also tried using a DVD disk to fit the whole album on it but my attempt failed.

rjordan393, Apr 2, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    Mine's a 2010 model, mp3 CD players were common by then - you may be lucky.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Data Time On CD-R

1. Data Time On CD-R - Similar Threads - Data

2. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  3. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  4. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  5. Windows data loss

Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  6. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  8. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  9. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....
  10. Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone

Reset my PC and choose Remove Everything, my data in drive D has gone: Hi, I tried to reinstall Windows 11 by reset my PC and choose 'Remove Everything' then choose 'only the drive where Windows is installed' which is drive C but when it is completed , all my the data in drive D is gone.How can I recover my files? Pls help.....