Windows 10: data transfer between old/new laptop

Discus and support data transfer between old/new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; looking for a solution to transfer data between laptops on a budget that wont take days (we are talking less than a tb of data but many images/videos),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by auroken, Dec 26, 2020.

1. auroken Win User

data transfer between old/new laptop

looking for a solution to transfer data between laptops on a budget that wont take days (we are talking less than a tb of data but many images/videos), l would have used Reflect which seemed quite quick but l dont have two licences as it seems to only be a licenced feature.

essentially l just want to copy files and folders as quick as possible which brings me to moving the desktop (which looks easy enough to do) to what l assume will be "D" drive (as the new laptop has a 128gb SSD) but lm contemplating the idea of moving the program folders over as well and having them install there instead by default) basically meaning the SSD will only have the operating system on it and maybe.

now l came across this <link> will this do what l want it to and when l install MS office or whatever other software l plan on using to another drive so as to conserve my SSD for windows only programs?.

(l did find this thread on the issue, but lm looking for a method that means less reg editing or doing things that could cause issues, basically l just want every program installation to default to the D drive without causing issues to core windows files that would already be installed in those directories if that makes sense.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

auroken, Dec 26, 2020

2. Transfer data

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What's the model of your old and new phone?
    • How did you transfer the data from old phone to your new one?
    • What type of data did you transfer?
    • Did you transfer the data directly to SD card or phone storage?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Dec 26, 2020
  3. DavidRVA Win User
    Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Dec 26, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Thema:

1. data transfer between old/new laptop - Similar Threads - data transfer between

2. Transferring data from old to new laptop issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring data from old to new laptop issues.: HiI've purchased a new laptop and followed instructions to set up and seems like I've logged into the wrong Microsoft accountI didn't know I had 2 accounts so now my files/data etc won't transfer from old to new laptop! As it's set up does that mean that I can no longer sync...
  3. Transferring data from old to new laptop issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring data from old to new laptop issues.: HiI've purchased a new laptop and followed instructions to set up and seems like I've logged into the wrong Microsoft accountI didn't know I had 2 accounts so now my files/data etc won't transfer from old to new laptop! As it's set up does that mean that I can no longer sync...
  4. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  5. Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice transferring old Laptop Data to new Laptop.: Hello,I have just got a new Laptop with Windows 11, and I want to connect it to my old Laptop that has Windows 10, and basically drag and drop the C+D Drives from the old into the C Drive of the new.Will that mess anything up because they are different versions of...
  6. Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop: got a new laptop and i need some methods to tanager everything over submitted by /u/I-sense-Memes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hufzj0/need_help_transferring_data_from_old_laptop_to/
  7. Transfer all data from old to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer all data from old to new laptop?: Hello, everyone, I will get a new laptop soon and want to transfer all my data (files, photos, software...) from my old to my new notebook. It is Windows 10. I have seen several options on the internet, but I don't know which method to use. I hope you can help me. Thanks...
  8. Data transfer to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  9. Transfer old laptop to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  10. Old PC to New PC data transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old PC to New PC data transfer: Purchased new desktop and need help with identifying best way to transfer my data from the old PC to the new PC, I have about 600 GB to move. Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-to-new-pc-data-transfer/775ca607-298c-4f3b-adb1-cad8d7e4c5a6"