Windows 10: Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

Discus and support Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EugeneLubbe, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the PC it shows only thumbnails, when I open it I get a message saying that Windows cannot open the file type PNG and JPEG and the file sizes are all very small average 4 Bytes per photo. Is there a way to repair or recover the original photo files please?

:)

EugeneLubbe, Jan 6, 2022

2. Uploading data from android to pc

Hi AlaynaHarstine,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried to connect the Android device to PC using an USB cable?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Connect the Android device to the PC using a micro USB cable.
    • You can see an ‘AutoPlay popup’ on your PC once your phone is successfully connected and recognized by the computer. Click on the ‘Open folder to view files’ option.
    • Copy and paste the files or folders that you want to recover from your phone's internal memory to your PC.
    • When the steps are done, you can successfully recover and transfer your data from Android phone with broken screen to your PC.

Alternatively, if you have the data saved on an external SD card, then you can plug in the card to the PC to transfer the data. You may need an adaptor to read the SD card on the PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Simple Win User

Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth

Hello,
    I have my Windows 10 pc (upgrade from 8.1) and Samsung S4 Android 4.4.2 paired and I can transfer files from PC to Android, but I cannot do the reverse.

I had 2 MAP SMS devices with question mark in the Device Manager, I manually identified them as MTP Device Enumerator, but it did not help!

This Bluetooth file transfer issue was solvable in previous Windows by ensuring that Btmshellex is running well in the Startup list of the task manager. However, I cannot find Btmshellex, it seems to be missing in Windows 10.

How can I transfer files from Android device to Windows 10 pc?

Simple, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

1. Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files - Similar Threads - Data transfer Android

2. File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  3. File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File import from Android to PC corrupted photo files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  4. Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from Android to PC corrupted files: I connected my mobile phone Samsung S6 to my PC running Windows 11 with a USB cable. I then right clicked on the device and used the file import service. I chose to remove files from device after moving. The move completed successfully. However when I go to the files on the...
  5. android transfering data to windows by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android transfering data to windows by usb: trying to download all Samsung cloud data on my pc, please walls me through the steps bc i definitely dont unsderwtrqand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-transfering-data-to-windows-by-usb/07f6f51f-15cd-4c71-a985-db77ecf64958
  6. how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc

how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc: how to transfer files from my phone android to the pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-my-phone-android-to-the/3bbbf178-9266-4080-a76a-f53a4364edb1
  7. Data Transfer From Corrupted Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Transfer From Corrupted Laptop: I am unable to boot into my HP laptop running Windows 10. I tried every option in the blue screens including Troubleshoot, Automatic Repair and Recovery Manager all to no avail. I then chose to Reset with 'Reinstall Windows without removing your personal files and change...
  8. Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone: i can not download music from my pc to android phone ***Original title: i can not download music from my pc to android phone*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-music-files-from-pc-to-android-phone/357b32a0-7548-4786-ac3c-3f32cfe3a227"
  9. Uploading data from android to pc

Uploading data from android to pc: Uploading photos and contacts and other data, from an android that has a screen that is no longer functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-data-from-android-to-pc/6b802589-17ba-4914-b273-9dfdb1d61321
  10. Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot transfer files from Android to PC using Bluetooth: Hello, I have my Windows 10 pc (upgrade from 8.1) and Samsung S4 Android 4.4.2 paired and I can transfer files from PC to Android, but I cannot do the reverse. I had 2 MAP SMS devices with question mark in the Device Manager, I manually identified them as MTP Device...