Windows 10: Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

Discus and support Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are having a LAN with some computers with windows 10, some with windows 7. Recently after windows 10 computers have been updated with latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dilip Parmar (Dilip), Sep 5, 2019.

1. Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

We are having a LAN with some computers with windows 10, some with windows 7. Recently after windows 10 computers have been updated with latest updates, data copy from other computers to Windows 10 has become extremely slow and it is practically not possible to work over network data. Windows 7 computers are working ok. Problem is only in windows 10 updates computers which worked ok prior to updates. Please help.

:)

Dilip Parmar (Dilip), Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro Extremely slow Data Transfer and Complete PC becomes Very Slow

During copying files even small size (Say about 500 MB), Windows 10 suddenly drops speed after about 30 seconds to 10 KBPS and then many times to Zero. This transfer process thus becomes extremely slow and along with that the whole laptop becomes extremely
    slow - Example during transfer to open My Computer takes 3 minutes to open and finally the PC hangs. If no data transfer is happening the laptop works perfect but only after reboot. Once data transfer has started the whole PC slows down and works normally
    only after reboot.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RainbowInTheSky, Sep 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Schedules task has slow network transfers?

I have a bat file that I use to backup all my data from one computer to another. They are on a gigabit network.

When I run the bat file normally(by double clicking it), it will transfer fast. Network untilization is usually in the 40-50% range.

Now, if I schedule a task to run the bat file, it transfers extremely slow. Network utilization is usually in the 2-3% range.

It takes multiple hours to finish the backup if it runs as a task and there is any new data.

Are scheduled tasks limitted in some why that might be causing this?

This is Vista x64.

newtekie1, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

Windows 10 Pro Extremely slow Data Transfer and Complete PC becomes Very Slow

I would like to add that Windows 10 was perfectly working great on my laptop till 3 days back when I tried to transfer @ 925 GB Data via a Single Copy Paste i.e. Select All from One External 1 TB Drive and Paste All in the 2nd 1 TB Drive.. The Laptop
    started giving this problem from this instance and now even after reboot even if I transfer a 300 MB Data the same problem occurs. My Windows 7 Laptop is working absolutely fine but Windows 10 laptop is giving this problem.

Let me Repeat that the Windows 10 Laptop works absolutely fine till the time of any data transfer (howsoever small in size e.g. 300 MB or large say 1 GB). But if we carry out any Data Transfer it starts giving problem of Extremely Slow Data Transfer
    Rate of a few KBPS after 30 seconds and the whole laptop I mean any action we do i.e. any process we do e.g. Opening "My Computer" is Extremely Slow and I have to Re-Boot by pressing the Power Button since if if we have to use the normal way of restart it
    takes a lot of time.

In Short - If No Data Transfer No Problem Everything Normal - But If Data Transfer carried out of any size - Then Big Problem - Everything Extremely Slow - Reboot Required.

RainbowInTheSky, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

1. Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Data transfer network

2. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  3. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  4. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  6. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  7. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  8. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...