Windows 10: Data transfer speeds

Discus and support Data transfer speeds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning all. Opinions needed, please... Is it best to simply install a USB 3.0 card into my computer (connect various USB drives to it), or buy a QNAP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teecuptech, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Data transfer speeds

Morning all. Opinions needed, please...

Is it best to simply install a USB 3.0 card into my computer (connect various USB drives to it), or buy a QNAP TS-231P for storage and backups?

The USB 3.0 would be quicker for data transfer, versus the QNAP over LAN, no?

PS: I already bought the QNAP and 2 x 1TB IronWolf drives. But, I have a strong feeling that data transfer via the USB 3.0 would be quicker than network transfer. Hence my question(s).

:)

teecuptech, Jan 24, 2019

2. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, Jan 24, 2019
  3. zugi---01 Win User
    Data transfering speed

Anyone here using bluetooth to transfer data?

I'd like to get even somekind of rough approximation about the transfering speed.

zugi---01, Jan 24, 2019
  4. zugi---01 Win User

Data transfer speeds

Data transfering speed

Well I was wondering how fast it would be to transfer data from computer to phone with either mini-usb or bluetooth?

Because the new Nokia N95 8GB doesn't have a card slot, there's no possibilites to use fast memory card readers.

One more thing, does different phones have different kind data transfering flash memory speeds? I remember using one of those first smartphones and even with data cable it had speed of like 1mb/10sec.

zugi---01, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Data transfer speeds

1. Data transfer speeds - Similar Threads - Data transfer speeds

2. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  3. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  4. data transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data transfer: what is the best way to transfer data from old computer to new one 10 to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer/60cd7a6e-560a-44e8-9998-bf6f658bedfe
  5. A question about data transfer/throughput speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A question about data transfer/throughput speed: First off, hardware specifications: The Fatal1ty Z97 Killer Motherboard \\ The I7-4790k 4.0 Ghz LGA 1150 Processor \\ Two 8 GB DDR3 1600 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B RAM modules \\ One 240 GB V300 SSD for OS, Boot, and program files \\ Two 1TB WD10EZEX HDDs in RAID 0 for mass...
  6. Slow data transfer speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow data transfer speed: I bought HP-15dk0045tx recently with 8 gb ram. Afer two months i have data transfer speed issue. My pc transfers data to USB at less than 2 mbp. i have tried at 3.0 port but nothing changed. But same USB transfers data at good speed in other laptop. I m really worried...
  7. TRANSFER DATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRANSFER DATA: NEW COMPUTER FOR WIFE. HOW TO TRANSFER HER DATA FROM OLD TO NEW COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data/761b3500-1e8a-4d22-8270-68bfdea263b3"
  8. Windows 10 data transfer speeds slow to stop

Windows 10 data transfer speeds slow to stop: I have 3 windows 10 computers. All three are gaming top of the line ssd, 3.0 usb etc. I have tried all of the fixes for the transfer speeds from hdd to usb. I dont understand why Microsoft seems to be ignoring this problem with windows 10. Im almost at the end of my rope,...
  9. Transferring Data

Transferring Data: I have two internal drives on my computer, one has 2TB and one has 250GB. I would like to swap all data between them including the OS. What is the safest way to go about this?...
  10. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...