Windows 10: Data transfer

Discus and support Data transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a data transfer code and wish to import data from my previous laptop. Both have Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gravybaby, Nov 3, 2019.

1. gravybaby Win User

Data transfer

I have a data transfer code and wish to import data from my previous laptop. Both have Windows 10

:)

gravybaby, Nov 3, 2019

2. Transfer data

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What's the model of your old and new phone?
    • How did you transfer the data from old phone to your new one?
    • What type of data did you transfer?
    • Did you transfer the data directly to SD card or phone storage?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Data transfer

Data transfer

I have purchased a data transfer cable thinking I would be able to transfer (a lot) of photographs from my Windows 10 PC to my laptop. However I cannot do this and have searched the internet and even contacted microsoft customer service who were no help
    at all (suggesting that I did it with a memory stick) I know that the Data Transfer is no longer available. All suggestions seem to be to transfer data TO windows 10. Can anybody help please?

ValerieFillingham, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Data transfer

1. Data transfer - Similar Threads - Data transfer

2. Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive: Hello,I recently got a new laptop and transferred my data and files over using the windows backup app. Everything went smoothly and it looks like my files are transferred over, but programs like chrome, spotify and microsoft oneDrive do not work even though they reappeared on...
  3. Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't work after transferring data to new PC over oneDrive: Hello,I recently got a new laptop and transferred my data and files over using the windows backup app. Everything went smoothly and it looks like my files are transferred over, but programs like chrome, spotify and microsoft oneDrive do not work even though they reappeared on...
  4. Data Transfer Woes

Data Transfer Woes: Hi there.I am currently running Windows 7. I recently bought a new SSD in order to upgrade my OS / improve speed over my old HDD. I installed Windows 10 on the new, blank SSD. I need to know how to get my Windows 7 HDD files onto the new Windows 10 SSD, without also...
  5. Data Transfer Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Transfer Woes: Hi there.I am currently running Windows 7. I recently bought a new SSD in order to upgrade my OS / improve speed over my old HDD. I installed Windows 10 on the new, blank SSD. I need to know how to get my Windows 7 HDD files onto the new Windows 10 SSD, without also...
  6. Data Transfer Woes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  8. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  9. Transferring windows data to a new windows drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring windows data to a new windows drive: Hi thereI recently acquired a new ssd drive for my pc and I've just installed windows on it. Is there a way to transfer all the data and preferences from the original drive to the new one? Both drives are connected to the pc...
  10. Transferring windows data to a new windows drive

Transferring windows data to a new windows drive: Hi thereI recently acquired a new ssd drive for my pc and I've just installed windows on it. Is there a way to transfer all the data and preferences from the original drive to the new one? Both drives are connected to the pc...