Windows 10: Data Usage and App History

Discus and support Data Usage and App History in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844 Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RSK10580, Feb 25, 2021.

1. RSK10580 Win User

Data Usage and App History

Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844

Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I can select. If I try to switch it on, it goes back to off when I leave the page. App History is also not working. So far I have used the network troubleshooting tool, repaired system image using DISM, and System File Checker confirmed no issues when I ran it. Windows has the latest updates and I can't find my exact problem when I search online. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Data Usage and App History 3250dacb-076d-48b3-8d5f-de62fbf6e041?upload=true.jpg

Data Usage and App History 964fef04-9f33-443d-924d-a13499a94e82?upload=true.jpg

:)

RSK10580, Feb 25, 2021

2. Data Usage and App History

Data Usage under settings is not showing anything? Also App History under Task Manager is not showing anything? Diagnostic Police Service cannot be run, it says: Access is denied!?

DejanMalinski, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Data Usage and App History

Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Data Usage and App History

1. Data Usage and App History - Similar Threads - Data Usage App

2. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  3. How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?: Hi, How can I delete "battery usage per app" network "Data usage" reports data?I've been struggling for days, and googled a lot but I found nothing.I just don't want Windows to report about my battery and data usage per app, I am concerned for my privacy, and Windows makes...
  4. Data usage

Data usage: I recently discovered that "System" is using a lot of data on my computer. I looked at a question somebody else asked that was the same as my question. Somebody suggested restricting the "regsvr32.exe" application from using data to fix the problem. My question it, what bad...
  5. Data Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Usage: Where I live there is a data cap and I was charged over 100$ for overage... Microsoft Corp is 79%of the data usage.... Being on metered obviously is just for show and no you cant disable those updates which are huge and using your data to do it nevermind using your data to...
  6. Data usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data usage: I am using microsoft windows 10. I have read how to stop data usage by the system. But in the 5 th step it is written to chose option 2. But in option 2 it is written notify for download and auto install. So i was not able to compete the process. And now also i have the same...
  7. Data usage per app is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data usage per app is not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_gadgetFreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpy4o8/data_usage_per_app_is_not_working/
  8. DATA USAGE

DATA USAGE: I am checking my Wi-Fi Data Usage, and it currently shows 916 MB Usage from the Last Day. And when I click on "View Usage per App", the Data Usage amount totals nowhere near 916 MB. (i.e. Chrome shows 178 MB Data usage and Microsoft Edge shows 28 MB Data Usage). Why the...
  9. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  10. Data Usage

Data Usage: Was hoping of some help. When I go into my network settings and click data usage, it tells me 232 GB of ethernet, but when I open up the usage details, the app usage only totals 40 GB when added up. Can anyone explain why there would be such a huge discrepancy? Just for...