Windows 10: Data Usage App showing incorrect value

Discus and support Data Usage App showing incorrect value in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm trying to monitor my data usage and found some odd things. My data usage monitor built into windows (in Settings -> Network) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorFisher4, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Data Usage App showing incorrect value

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to monitor my data usage and found some odd things. My data usage monitor built into windows (in Settings -> Network) is showing I've used 72 gigabytes in the last month. However, a 3rd party app (its called Data Usage on the Window's store) is displaying that I've used 300 in the last month. The 300 value seems to be the accurate one if I check with my network provider. I don't have a way to break down the different pieces of the usage on the app so I'm not sure what is causing this discrepancy. Also, the 3rd party app shows that I used ~100gb in a single day a few weeks ago and I know there is no way I used that much. And I have run MalwareBytes scans also. On top of that I've since downloaded a network monitor that I will be keeping open just in case this happens again. I don't want something just draining all of my data. Any ideas what could be causing this? Is there anyway I can check what caused this?

Thanks

:)

ConnorFisher4, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Balu S Win User

win 10 Data Usage Screen data values are 0

Hello,

I have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Home . The data usage screen values like Ethernet , Wi-Fi values are always showing 0 MB

If i click Usage Details Links then in App Usage screen System is showing always 0 MB.

what could be the issue . I almost check all the enabled services still values are not appearing.

Thanks

Balu

Balu S, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Data Usage value stuck at 0MB.

Original title: Data Usage

I am facing issues with the data usage feature of Windows 10. It is not metering data usage. Previously it was stored to a constant value. After I reset the values to 0B It has not changed yet.

AyushBansal, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Kitti Win User

Data Usage App showing incorrect value

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

All of the apps it's showing in the list are apps that I don't use, is the problem that it isn't recording the data usage of the apps that I use? and if so is there a way to add them in?

Kitti, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Data Usage App showing incorrect value

1. Data Usage App showing incorrect value - Similar Threads - Data Usage App

2. Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage: Hello,I am using a SIM-card in a Surface Go 2 with Windows 11 and I activated the data usage statistics. Over weekend the data usage count decreased from over 1 GB to 300 MB. The usage statistics will normaly reset on the first day of a month. I noticed that before.The...
  3. Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data usage statistic incorrect forget usage: Hello,I am using a SIM-card in a Surface Go 2 with Windows 11 and I activated the data usage statistics. Over weekend the data usage count decreased from over 1 GB to 300 MB. The usage statistics will normaly reset on the first day of a month. I noticed that before.The...
  4. Battery Report shows incorrect values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  5. Battery Report shows incorrect values

Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  6. incorrect cpu usage values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  7. incorrect cpu usage values

incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  8. Incorrect data usage statistics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect data usage statistics: I bought a new laptop and I noticed that the usage statistics are not tallying with the total data used. I know for a fact that the total data used is correct, but I have no idea which apps used what amounts of data since the usage statistics are wrong. If you add up the data...
  9. Incorrect data usage statistics

Incorrect data usage statistics: I bought a new laptop and I noticed that the usage statistics are not tallying with the total data used. I know for a fact that the total data used is correct, but I have no idea which apps used what amounts of data since the usage statistics are wrong. If you add up the data...
  10. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. data usage info is incorrect in windows 10