Windows 10: Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

Discus and support Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Win10. I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwidunn, Jul 13, 2019.

1. mwidunn Win User

Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

I'm using Win10.
    I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > DATA USAGE and re-set it.
    Please, see the images below! They should be self-explanatory.
    My I. S. P. shows -- I think, correctly -- that I have used 3 GB of data so far. Win10's Data Usage, however, is showing a usage of 866 MB. That's a pretty big difference!
    So, what's the problem here? Is Data Usage really not that accurate for determining one's real, actual data usage?

Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage [​IMG]

Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage [​IMG]

:)

mwidunn, Jul 13, 2019

2. Data usage is not showing correct info!

i watched youtube, downloaded some programs and videos, updated my system, but still my wifi usage showing under 5 mb with only 2 or 3 system program listed. no mention of chrome and fdm.i've tried reset usage and after i tested again with new heavy usage, and it is still not showing the correct info.

LoverOfLove, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Data usage is not showing correct info!

i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset usage then i again tested and still not showing the correct info. anyone else faced this problem? is this a bug or something is not right in my pc?
    thanks. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage :)

LoverOfLove, Jul 13, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Data usage is not showing correct info!

In what way is it not right? Does it not 'feel' right compared to what you might expect?

If you look at usage details, does the individual usage listed not add up to the total?

Is there unexpected usage by a particular program?

Could you give an example of how you've determined the internet usage is not correct?

dalchina, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage - Similar Threads - Data Usage does

2. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  3. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  4. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Data Usage

Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  6. System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview: For past 5 days the system consumes huge amount of data while connected through mobile hotspot. And I have done all the settings ,stop auto updates in play store. I have done everything thing but it doesn't stop consuming data....
  7. Data Usage not correctly showing

Data Usage not correctly showing: I've been monitoring my data usage for 4 days now. I've reset daily several times throughout a single day as well. I used 79Gb yesterday alone, for reference to the amount of data being seen. The List of Apps, however, showed that I had used 56Gb on PlaystationNow, 8Gb on...
  8. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  9. Data usage is not showing correct info!

Data usage is not showing correct info!: i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset usage then i again tested and still not showing the correct info. anyone else faced this problem? is this a bug or something...
  10. Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?: On windows 10 I was trying to look at how much data I've used in the past 30 days through Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage. Sadly it only shows that I have used absolutely no internet whatsoever. Screenshot - 0c04b46105474f4907bef4e9245bf05a - Gyazo If I click on...