Windows 10: Data Usage not correctly showing

Discus and support Data Usage not correctly showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been monitoring my data usage for 4 days now. I've reset daily several times throughout a single day as well. I used 79Gb yesterday alone, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CapnCaveMn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Data Usage not correctly showing

I've been monitoring my data usage for 4 days now. I've reset daily several times throughout a single day as well. I used 79Gb yesterday alone, for reference to the amount of data being seen. The List of Apps, however, showed that I had used 56Gb on PlaystationNow, 8Gb on Netflix, 189Mb on Edge, and a list of 16 other items claim to of used <1Mb. That was yesterdays totals, and I then shut my puter off and began anew this morning. Today, I have been simply running various resets on the Data to see if I can peg down what exactly is using my data. However, there simply isn't a high enough usage for any of the Win Monitoring available, to allow me to see the process running in question. So, I downloaded some NetBalancer and have been watching it for an hour or so. I am seeing that for some reason my DasHost processes and ServiceHost processes seem to be in constant use. between 100b and 300kb data being used with the constant usage being the lower and every 3-4 mins a larger packet seems to be sent. So, I stripped my Epson off completely, and even attempted to close all of the serviceHosts individually, but they simply restart. Which, leads me to this place to ask.

Why does it seem Quite Clear to me that Windows is using my internet at all times?

Why does the Data Monitoring in Settings not show the app using said data? As per my first 3 lines, you can see a 15GB overage unaccounted for in the Data Usage app list, however it does atleast tell me that it used the data.

How, other than Disconnecting or completely shutting down, can I limit these ghost data usages? Mind you, I've gone to many extremes to attempt this on my own already. Yes, every click available in Settings has been used. Yes, I've used PowerShell to remove all the garbage that I could find. No, there's not a virus, I have Norton running, have gone into safemode, and also even went on Panda to do the online check for **** and gigs.

Lastly, can anyone send me a Win95? I'm really tired of the obviously invasive abilities being displayed by todays junk.

:)

CapnCaveMn, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Kitti Win User

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

All of the apps it's showing in the list are apps that I don't use, is the problem that it isn't recording the data usage of the apps that I use? and if so is there a way to add them in?

Kitti, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User

Hi Kitti welcome to Ten Forums, if you open up task manager does it show anything in the App history tab?

Data Usage not correctly showing [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Data Usage not correctly showing

This is a hard one*Shock

Do you have your "Background apps turned on in Privacy?

Data Usage not correctly showing [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Data Usage not correctly showing

1. Data Usage not correctly showing - Similar Threads - Data Usage correctly

2. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  3. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  4. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Data Usage shows false information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage shows false information: For the past few months, the data usage monitor page in settings are not showing correct information. I'm watching videos on HD for many hours, play many online games and yet it only says that I use 12 mb of WIFI. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]

Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]: When I open task manager, I can see the data usage under the performance tab but not under the processes tab it definitely shouldn't be on 0% nor in Settings -> Network -> Data Usage, which looks actually bugged. I already tried resetting network settings. ******* Third...
  7. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage: I'm using Win10. I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > DATA USAGE and re-set it. Please, see the images below! They should be self-explanatory. My I. S. P. shows -- I...
  8. my data usage overview is not showing

my data usage overview is not showing: i can't seem to see how much data I have been using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-data-usage-overview-is-not-showing/9ad6d14a-d65b-462b-b22c-6e4113e347f8
  9. Data usage is not showing correct info!

Data usage is not showing correct info!: i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset usage then i again tested and still not showing the correct info. anyone else faced this problem? is this a bug or something...
  10. Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?: On windows 10 I was trying to look at how much data I've used in the past 30 days through Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage. Sadly it only shows that I have used absolutely no internet whatsoever. Screenshot - 0c04b46105474f4907bef4e9245bf05a - Gyazo If I click on...