Windows 10: Data usage per app is not working

Discus and support Data usage per app is not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_gadgetFreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpy4o8/data_usage_per_app_is_not_working/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_gadgetFreak, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Data usage per app is not working

/u/_gadgetFreak, Jul 12, 2020
  2. nsgma365 Win User

Data Usage per App

Hello,

I am pretty sure that there was the possibility to see the data usage per app per connection, but somehow I cannot find it any more.

What I mean specifically is that now when I go to Data Usage I see the usage of my phone in WiFfi and on each of my SIM data connections. When I go to usage details I see the app usage, but only the total usage. I am pretty sure I was able to see the WiFi
    vs. SIM data connection in the past. Actually, that would be the whole purpose of this The total Data Usage per App without that split is useless, as is the split in the Data Usage of the total phone.

Any ideas?

nsgma365, Jul 12, 2020
  3. nsgma365 Win User
    Data Usage per App

Hi Ian ,

Thank you for your reply.

When I go Settings > Network & Wireless >
    Data Usage

I do not arrive to a two line graph (I remember it used to be like that), but to a donuts graph (non-clickable/non-tappable) with a clickable
    Usage Details below.

When I click Usage Details indeed I get the usage per app but only the total and not the split WiFi/SIM, the whole list is not clickable.

The important information is to see which apps are using the WiFi and which are using SIM. Podcast download is by far my heavier data usage app but I am hoping it all on WiFi as I set. That's what I want to confirm.

Any ideas?

N

nsgma365, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Data usage per app is not working

Data Usage per App

Hi,

This feature does actually still exist, and to know exactly the specific data usage for each of the apps installed, here's how:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & Wireless.
    3. Select Data Usage.
    4. And tap on the two horizontal lines, showing data percentages.
    From there, all apps will show up with the corresponding data usages.

Let us know if this helps.

- If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem. -

1fd2a083-300f-484f-993e-69f80807585a, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Data usage per app is not working

1. Data usage per app is not working - Similar Threads - Data usage per

2. Data usage tab not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data usage tab not working: Hello! Yesterday I've used a little tweaking program that was made as a bath script to boost my performance in games. It has a bunch of scripts that optimize windows. So the day after that today I've wanted to check my WIFI data usage, and its just not possible. It says all...
  3. Data usage tab not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data usage tab not working: Hello! Yesterday I've used a little tweaking program that was made as a bath script to boost my performance in games. It has a bunch of scripts that optimize windows. So the day after that today I've wanted to check my WIFI data usage, and its just not possible. It says all...
  4. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  5. How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?: Hi, How can I delete "battery usage per app" network "Data usage" reports data?I've been struggling for days, and googled a lot but I found nothing.I just don't want Windows to report about my battery and data usage per app, I am concerned for my privacy, and Windows makes...
  6. Data Usage and App History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage and App History: Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844 Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I can select. If I try to switch it on, it goes back to off when I leave the page. App History is also not working. So far I...
  7. Data Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Usage: Where I live there is a data cap and I was charged over 100$ for overage... Microsoft Corp is 79%of the data usage.... Being on metered obviously is just for show and no you cant disable those updates which are huge and using your data to do it nevermind using your data to...
  8. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  9. data usage not working on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data usage not working on windows 10?: hi, here my problem. i use usb modem huawei on windows 10 x64 pc. just recently i just notice my data usage not showwing anymore, i do dism ..nothing corrupt..sfc..same..basicly windows didnt corrupt.. so..how do i make it work again ..sorry (bad english)...
  10. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Was hoping of some help. When I go into my network settings and click data usage, it tells me 232 GB of ethernet, but when I open up the usage details, the app usage only totals 40 GB when added up. Can anyone explain why there would be such a huge discrepancy? Just for...