Windows 10: Data usage, windows 10.

Discus and support Data usage, windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only get 4gig a month which some say is nothing, With that kind of limited data, you should consider some methods to decrease your data usage. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chewtah, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Data usage, windows 10.

With that kind of limited data, you should consider some methods to decrease your data usage.
    For starters, definitely get a flash blocker and some other blocker, it can save quite a lot of traffic.
    Other option is to use Opera Turbo, it compresses some webpages, it can save a bit more as well.
    Increase your browser's cache, whichever you are using, since re-downloading stuff is consuming.

TairikuOkami, Apr 2, 2016

2. Well that would require downloading and installing Opera if not already in use for the Turbo option. When going to overrides the local offline storage here Waterfox was already moved upto the 1024mb after seeing it done for FF 45. Cyberfox still needed to see it done there however since it doesn't reference any of the FF folders.

But as far as the overall situation reducing things on the browser won't be much of any help if your monthly allowance isn't there to start with! Sounds like you are on a metered rather then unmetered type of connection with the restrictions imposed. A change of ISP or service plan would be the better move overall to consider.

Night Hawk, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Opera Turbo is available in other browsers like Yandex, but similar extensions exist, like Data Saver for Chrome.

TairikuOkami, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Data usage, windows 10.

Well the problem is not knowing which browser is in use. That certainly won't work for Edge, IE, FF, and some others. The main problem however as was indicated was with the service being a bit limited at 4gb which will continue to be a problem.

Night Hawk, Apr 2, 2016
  5. chewtah Win User
    Is there a 'kick self, kick self, kick self emoticon?
    Iv been taking the dongle out whenever I finish on the computer now, IT SEEMS to be using far less data up.
    Jury is still out.

chewtah, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Well it seems you are starting to make some progress at least. One thing someone pointed out on another thread regarding a busy hard drive and wanting to know what kept writing to the drive was found here to be the active watch the av software has over everything since that also includes it's own firewall protection. The open source tool pointed to was the Activity Indicator which hides in the System notication area until you bring it up. Activity Indicator download | SourceForge.net

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  7. chewtah Win User
    Well the last 10 days of my plan used far less data than the previous 10 and the 10 before that, I have been taking the dongle out and re-connecting when I want to use the internet, also turned a few 'auto-plays' off. Win10 apparently has an auto-connect to the internet feature. Watch out for the auto-play button on Youtube, up towards the top right corner of the screen (after you open a video), and if looking at Facebook, see if any videos open just because you put the mouse pointer on the video, it may turn all the videos on as you scroll down the page, that can be turned off if it causes excess data use.

chewtah, Apr 19, 2016
  8. Data usage, windows 10.

I've run into that mostly on one blog site I frequent since I became a member that is mainly following up on another blogger since we shate information on one of the social networks regarding another type of technology. When I get in a regular newsletter and arrive at the site when the writer first started blogging there one annoyance kept starting right up every single time without even seeing the cursor go anywhere near the clip embedded on the page. As of late however I go back now and no longer run into that one!

On FB or at the main YT site I always have to click on each video and several on FB will be seeing the Adobe settings pop up to allow or deny unclickable where I then have to track down the original source. Privacy settings or something else is the cause since Flash Player is already in good working shape on Waterfox 44.03as well as FF 44.03 now on as well with one not able to open while the other is running. I keep Cyberbox another FF variant on since that will run with either FF or WF running.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Data usage, windows 10.

1. Data usage, windows 10. - Similar Threads - Data usage

2. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  3. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  4. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  5. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  6. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  7. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  8. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  9. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  10. Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?: I want to track my wifi data usage but there is no data usage selection tab under network and internet>advanced settings. Is it disabled or something? Why can I not locate a selection for data usage anywhere?...