Windows 10: Data uses option not working

Discus and support Data uses option not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer's cellular data uses option do not showing any consume data uses, it just totally stopped. Well, it would be better if someone instruct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mansur Reza, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Data uses option not working

My computer's cellular data uses option do not showing any consume data uses, it just totally stopped.

Well, it would be better if someone instruct me how to fix this problem.

thanks in advance

:)

Mansur Reza, Sep 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Data uses option not working

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Data uses option not working

1. Data uses option not working - Similar Threads - Data uses option

2. Optional data disabling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional data disabling itself: Send optional data is switching itself off after I switch it on, and with it off I cannot join windows preview :c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-data-disabling-itself/50755ff0-533c-40f4-809b-f56558a15dbf
  3. Optional data disabling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional data disabling itself: Send optional data is switching itself off after I switch it on, and with it off I cannot join windows preview :c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-data-disabling-itself/50755ff0-533c-40f4-809b-f56558a15dbf
  4. Optional diagnostic data greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional diagnostic data greyed out: So I was trying to turn on the optional diagnostic data on windows 10 but for some reason it seems to have been greyed out can someone help? I was doing this to get windows 11 and my computer is compatible and meets the requirements for windows 11 so I don't think that is...
  5. Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data

Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data: Pls help i am not able to click on optional diagnostic data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-graying-of-optional-diagnostic-data/0de6793b-f305-4375-9a34-89dfdc2538d3
  6. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.: Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!...
  7. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  8. No "Data Usage" option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No "Data Usage" option: i just noticed that "Data usage" is missing from network & internet settings and i believe it is the reason why i can't set Wi-Fi networks as metered. any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-data-usage-option/5953274e-40a0-4e81-b8cf-8bf7cb8511dd
  9. excessive data use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excessive data use: My fairly new Asus Vivo Book uses about 2 GB per day, only access news, mails, FB gameroom and play the odd daily game, no streaming or videos at all. We get 50 GB through satellite, never had overage before. System uses almost 1 GB, Microsoft edge about 450 MB. Way more than...
  10. Onedrive Data Use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Data Use: I seem to be going through a lot of data and believe OneDrive may be the reason. Can I set how many times my files get automatically downloaded and reduce the data use?...