Windows 10: Database Connection

Discus and support Database Connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am doing some web development and I need to connect my local MS Access database to a remote MySQL database using ODBC driver. Currently that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeekSam, Jul 16, 2019.

1. GeekSam Win User

Database Connection

I am doing some web development and I need to connect my local MS Access database to a remote MySQL database using ODBC driver. Currently that is impossible due to the firewall blocking the local. Please help and tell me how I am going to allow that specific machine through the firewall to access MySQL database.

:)

GeekSam, Jul 16, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Chipset Database

Another category I would be sure to add is whether or not it supports Hyper Threading.

This may be jumping the gun a bit *Big Grin Database Connection :D, as you are still working to establish a solid format for the database, but here goes a suggestion to list in the DB:
    This is a very versatile chipset, especially for all the people looking to upgrade, but keep some older components, with the whole conroe craze etc. A true "stepping stone" chipset:

Basics:
    VIA PT880 Ultra
    it supports Core 2's, P D's, P 4's, Celeron D's (conroe, presler, smithfield, prescott, cedar mill)
    it supports AGP & PCIe graphics
    it supports both DDR & DDR2

error_f0rce, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Database Connection

Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only

Thank you for your suggestions. I did both steps as indicated but had the same result.

I have Quickbooks 2015 which apparently also uses the access database and it works correctly on the Windows 10 machine. Not sure if this information helps or not.

Steve

StevenJessup, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Database Connection

1. Database Connection - Similar Threads - Database Connection

2. HOW TO FIX ERROR IN CONNECTING MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE TO VB.NET 2010 EXPRESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO FIX ERROR IN CONNECTING MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE TO VB.NET 2010 EXPRESS: Hello Guys I have a problem connecting my Access Database to VB.Net 2010 Express.ERROR Show "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine"I'm running:Windows 11 Home 64bitMicrosoft 365 Apps for EnterpriseMicrosoft Visual Basic 2010 ExpressRead some...
  3. HOW TO FIX ERROR IN CONNECTING MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE TO VB.NET 2010 EXPRESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO FIX ERROR IN CONNECTING MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE TO VB.NET 2010 EXPRESS: Hello Guys I have a problem connecting my Access Database to VB.Net 2010 Express.ERROR Show "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine"I'm running:Windows 11 Home 64bitMicrosoft 365 Apps for EnterpriseMicrosoft Visual Basic 2010 ExpressRead some...
  4. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  5. Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services

Unable to connect to external database from sql server python script-Python Services: Trying to connect to an external database using python in an SQL stored procedure but seems like sqlalchemy is unable to connect to the external database. But we i run the script outside SQL serverSSMS it works perfectly.I have granted app containers and the launchpad account...
  6. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database: I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but recently I started having connection issues, as described below. The localdb server has a named instance accessed using...
  7. Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database

Power BI Desktop Cannot connect to SQL LocalDB Database: I’m using Windows 11 and I have an SQL LocalDB database that is accessed by a desktop application and Power BI desktop. It used to work normally but recently I started having connection issues, as described below. The localdb server has a named instance accessed using...
  8. Microsoft confirms Windows database connection issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows database connection issues: Microsoft confirmed that client and server versions of its Windows operating system are affected by a database connection issue. The issue affects Windows devices that have the latest updates, released on the November 2022 patch day, installed, according to Microsoft's...
  9. Database connection issue at trusted site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  10. Database connection issue at trusted site

Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...