Windows 10: dataform.ocx cannot be registered

Discus and support dataform.ocx cannot be registered in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am converting a VB6 program to VB.net (using VBUC) in a Windows 10 system. Most has gone swimmingly, but I get "Did not find a registered ActiveX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by squidmb, Nov 8, 2018.

1. squidmb Win User

dataform.ocx cannot be registered

I am converting a VB6 program to VB.net (using VBUC) in a Windows 10 system. Most has gone swimmingly, but I get "Did not find a registered ActiveX control in ....\dataform.ocx" error in the build.

dataform.ocx was missing from the project, so I downloaded version 6.0.0.8169 (file size 529 kB, date modified 06/24/1998 1:00 AM) from Microsoft and placed it in C:\Windows\SysWow64.

Then I attempted to register it using Regsvr32.exe. I get the error "Module dataform.ocx was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005". The 0x80004005 error code means there is a permissions problem. However, I am logged in as an administrator AND ran the program as Administrator.

I have tried un-registering it (same error). Any suggestions? Getting rid of dataform.ocx altogether is an option, but I'm not sure what that involves (what VB.net substitutions are needed for the wrapped-up VB6 needs).

Thanks,

Dave

:)

squidmb, Nov 8, 2018

2. COMDLG32.ocx not correctly registered - Windows 10

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library might be causing the issue. Please follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Re-Register the file:

You can Re-register this file it by typing "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" from the command line in the system32 directory.

Perform the following steps to make the changes:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Put in your credentials for UAC prompt.
    • In the command prompt type in "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" then press ENTER
    Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the software packages you are referring to and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the program and click uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and install the application and check if it helps.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 8, 2018
  3. comdlg32.ocx Help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

When you install software that uses the comdlg32.ocx, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your OCX file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "comdlg32.ocx not registered" error. Fortunately,
    you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your comdlg32.ocx file.

How to re-register comdlg32.ocx from an elevated command prompt (Windows 10).

• Click the Start button.
    • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit
      ENTER yet!
    • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit
      ENTER
    • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
    • Close the command prompt window.
    Re-start the program associated with comdlg32.ocx error.

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

comctl32.ocx

Hi Joe,

If you’re trying to look for a replacement of comctl32.ocx, it’s possible that it was corrupted or an invalid related registry entry has occurred. Now, let’s try to
    manually register this using Microsoft Register Server. Follow these steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on the result, then select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: regsvr32 /u comctl32.ocx.
    • Press Enter to un-register the file.
    • Type this command: regsvr32 /i comctl32.ocx.
    • Press Enter to re-register your file.
    • Close the command prompt.
    • Restart your computer and check the result.

Let us know if concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. dataform.ocx cannot be registered - Similar Threads - dataform ocx cannot

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. Run-time error 339 - component comctl32.ocx not correctly registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Run-time error 339 - component comctl32.ocx not correctly registered: Hi, starting a VB6.0 program in W10 I get this "run-time error 339"-report, The opening screen is ok, but as soon as I try to start one of my menus I get this report. It further says "one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." Can...
  5. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  6. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise version with latest 1909 build, from then the DLLs and OCXs of my application are not registering. I'm facing the issue"The module xxxx.dll may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you are running.Check if the...
  7. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  8. Cannot register yubikey 5 - key cannot be registered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot register yubikey 5 - key cannot be registered: Cannot register yubikey5 in Microsoft account, message says cannot register this key. ***Original Title: Cannot register yubikey 5*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-register-yubikey-5-key-cannot-be-registered/f29d9401-b24c-4be1-9458-1201fd8dcfbf"
  9. Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is...: ORIGINAL TITLE: Comctl32.ocx Hi, I'm trying to run a program on my computer but it says 'Component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'. I've seen this topic on the forum before and read your answers to these...
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. register dataform.ocx

2. dataform.ocx registration fails

3. win 10 register dataform.ocx 0x80004005