Windows 10: Date and Time Formatting

Discus and support Date and Time Formatting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to format cell in Excel, so that if numbers for date or a time are entered, the date is automatically put in correct format? Ex.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilWarren1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Date and Time Formatting

Is it possible to format cell in Excel, so that if numbers for date or a time are entered, the date is automatically put in correct format?

Ex. Today is 10/07/2019. So, if I enter 10719, the date will appear as 10/07/19.

Or, if I enter 930, the time will appear as 09:30 in military format.

Thanks

:)

PhilWarren1, Oct 7, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Date and Time Formatting

Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Date and Time Formatting

1. Date and Time Formatting - Similar Threads - Date Formatting

2. IL2-Sturmovik in CD format dated 2001 does not install on my PC that runs Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IL2-Sturmovik in CD format dated 2001 does not install on my PC that runs Windows 10.: I try to install the game IL2-Sturmovik in CD format dated 2001 on my PC that runs Windows 10 without success. The installation doesn't even start. I try to install from the CD in the drive. It seems that the setup.exe file starts up, but then nothing happens. When I check...
  3. I want date format of slash type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want date format of slash type: I want date format of slash type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-date-format-of-slash-type/1d664110-b717-40b9-9453-7494b54cff3d
  4. I want date format of slash type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want date format of slash type: I want date format of slash type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-date-format-of-slash-type/1d664110-b717-40b9-9453-7494b54cff3d
  5. Windows registers Date format as File Type with File Extensions Hidden in Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows registers Date format as File Type with File Extensions Hidden in Settings: When saving a file with the date at the end 01.02.2023 Windows saves the file type as "2023"Extensions for known file types are disabled in File Explorer options, so the computer should default to saving as the selected file type PDF, but instead is thinking that the .2023 is...
  6. Windows registers Date format as File Type with File Extensions Hidden in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows registers Date format as File Type with File Extensions Hidden in Settings: When saving a file with the date at the end 01.02.2023 Windows saves the file type as "2023"Extensions for known file types are disabled in File Explorer options, so the computer should default to saving as the selected file type PDF, but instead is thinking that the .2023 is...
  7. Windows registers Date format as File Type with File Extensions Hidden in Settings

8. Create custom date and time formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create custom date and time formats: Hi all, I would like to add custom date time formats for my windows 11 laptop, as I want a specific format not currently found. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-custom-date-and-time-formats/06b53fce-9660-4d6f-82e7-0ac090021f14
  9. Create custom date and time formats

Create custom date and time formats: Hi all, I would like to add custom date time formats for my windows 11 laptop, as I want a specific format not currently found. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-custom-date-and-time-formats/06b53fce-9660-4d6f-82e7-0ac090021f14
  10. exfat format external drive with all folders modified dates not updating in windows 11

exfat format external drive with all folders modified dates not updating in windows 11: The external drive is exfat format and plugged into a MS Window 11 computer. Whenever, the content changes in the exfat format external drive or folders, the modified dates are not updating in MS window. Only NTFS format external drive will not have this problem. Why is this...