Windows 10: Date and time is not setting automatically

Discus and support Date and time is not setting automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My date and time is not changing automatically. Every time I have to change it manually.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rabindranathbanerjee, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Date and time is not setting automatically

My date and time is not changing automatically. Every time I have to change it manually.

:)

rabindranathbanerjee, Nov 13, 2018

2. Date and time does not run automatically apart from your guided setting

Hi Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing date & time on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have turned on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to turn on automatic time setup if not yet done.

• Type date and time in Search bar on
      Taskbar
      , click on Change the date and time.
    • Turn on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the status of Windows Time service.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Lex Del Win User

Date and time is not setting automatically

Time setting

Hi Abdul,

Let's set your phone's time and date automatically by following the steps here:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Date + time.
    • Then, turn on the "Set automatically" option.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Lex Del, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Date and time is not setting automatically

1. Date and time is not setting automatically - Similar Threads - Date setting automatically

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. Date and Time Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  5. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  6. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  7. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  8. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  9. DATE AND TIME NOT CHANGING AUTOMATICALLY

DATE AND TIME NOT CHANGING AUTOMATICALLY: Hi, My Laptops date and time not changing automatically. After switching on my system it is showing the time and date of where I switched it off earlier. It is not changing automatically. This is happening even though I have chosen to change time and date automatically in...
  10. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07