Windows 10: Date and Time is wrong

Discus and support Date and Time is wrong in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mctrees05, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Date and Time is wrong

My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the date and time isn't working. I've tried syncing the time with the internet windows time but that doesn't fix it either. In summary, my options are: Set automatic but my time is behind 2 hours or manual set my time to be correct but some of my programs don't work due to time issues. Anyone have a solution, I tried looking at forums but couldn't find anything.

submitted by /u/mctrees05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mctrees05, Feb 24, 2021

2. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Date and Time is wrong

Date is the wrong way round

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the date format. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if you are able to find out the correct format or not.

• Right click on the date and time present at the right bottom.
    • Click on Change Date and Time under
      Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Colander Settings.
    • Now under formats you will be able to see the format which you want.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Date and Time is wrong

1. Date and Time is wrong - Similar Threads - Date wrong

2. Windows settings shows wrong Microsoft 365 subscription expiration date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings shows wrong Microsoft 365 subscription expiration date: I just renewed my Microsoft 365 personal subscription successfully. Online at the Microsoft website, I checked and the expiration date is June of next year. But in the Windows settings, it shows the subscription expiration date as June of this year. How do I fix the problem?...
  3. Windows settings shows wrong Microsoft 365 subscription expiration date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows settings shows wrong Microsoft 365 subscription expiration date: I just renewed my Microsoft 365 personal subscription successfully. Online at the Microsoft website, I checked and the expiration date is June of next year. But in the Windows settings, it shows the subscription expiration date as June of this year. How do I fix the problem?...
  4. I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...: I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it, and now I can't change that date, I've tried following the instructions I found on the Microsoft support website, but I couldn't resolve it.I can't find the option to change the date of...
  5. I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...: I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it, and now I can't change that date, I've tried following the instructions I found on the Microsoft support website, but I couldn't resolve it.I can't find the option to change the date of...
  6. I have another email that I created, but I got the date of birth wrong when I created it,...

7. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...: I even didn't know, that my nephew entered a wrong date. Maybe you find a proper way to get my information in minutes instead of weaks.So Linux is less time consuming in the meantime, because of microsoft is still going for more issues, than solutions.BTW. The common 10 year...
  8. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...: I even didn't know, that my nephew entered a wrong date. Maybe you find a proper way to get my information in minutes instead of weaks.So Linux is less time consuming in the meantime, because of microsoft is still going for more issues, than solutions.BTW. The common 10 year...
  9. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

10. Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.: I'm a windows 11 pro user. I have installed the OS to a new Drive on August 2023, But there is an empty folder called perflogs which's creation date is 6/5/2021 and also there are some files in the windows folder which has nonsense creation dates like 6/5/2021, 2/23/2017,...