Windows 10: date and time updating

Discus and support date and time updating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time I start my windows 10 on my laptop Date and time does not update automatically. is this a hardware problem or it can manipulate in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chehelso, May 28, 2019.

1. chehelso Win User

date and time updating

Each time I start my windows 10 on my laptop Date and time does not update automatically. is this a hardware problem or it can manipulate in the setting?

:)

chehelso, May 28, 2019

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 28, 2019
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 28, 2019
  4. date and time updating

Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 28, 2019
Thema:

date and time updating

1. date and time updating - Similar Threads - date updating

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  5. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  6. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  7. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  8. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?: I would like to see the date and revision of an App in the Microsoft Store before I decide to install that application not the revision of applications that are already installed on my PC. I would have assumed that such critical information should be available in the...
  9. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?: I would like to see the date and revision of an App in the Microsoft Store before I decide to install that application not the revision of applications that are already installed on my PC. I would have assumed that such critical information should be available in the...
  10. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?