Windows 10: Date and Time Won't set correctly

Discus and support Date and Time Won't set correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.885 on a Compaq Presario Model CQ5700Y, 64-bit. My internet service connection is Xfinity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomDerella, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Date and Time Won't set correctly

I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.885 on a Compaq Presario Model CQ5700Y, 64-bit. My internet service connection is Xfinity (Comcast) thru a WiFi router.

My problem began about a year ago. When I turn the computer on, the time in the system tray displays the time I last turned it off. I have to go to “Settings”, and change the date and time every time. In “Settings” I have the time set to “Set time automatically” but it does not. Is there a fix for this?

:)

TomDerella, Jul 16, 2019

2. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2019
  3. date and time setting

I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I
    also noticed Eastern Standard Time is not listed so I have had to play with what is listed to get the time to show correctly. Any ideas ??

RachelSherman2, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Date and Time Won't set correctly

Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Date and Time Won't set correctly

1. Date and Time Won't set correctly - Similar Threads - Date Won't set

2. Date and Time Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  3. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings: The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-date-and-time-manually-in/80b7f457-5d40-4fa1-ba93-e89f1fa01de0
  4. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  5. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  6. Files date and time not correct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files date and time not correct.: [ATTACH] How can the date modified be tomorrow morning? Did windows become psychic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-date-and-time-not-correct/6c22a230-1476-4dac-9bb0-487929b285ea"
  7. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  8. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  9. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07
  10. Time correct but date often wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Time correct but date often wrong: I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have reset the date in the BIOS...