Windows 10: Date and time

Discus and support Date and time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just want to know why notepad doesn't post a date when the file was added or if it does how do I find it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivianByrne, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Date and time

I just want to know why notepad doesn't post a date when the file was added or if it does how do I find it?

:)

VivianByrne, Jun 13, 2019

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Date and time

Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Date and time

1. Date and time - Similar Threads - Date

2. date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  3. Date & time sync issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Date & time sync issues: I've a windows 10 Pro installation on a desktop bought August 2020. However, I have synchronisation issues. The computer won't synchronize automatically. It always displayed the date/time of the most recent shutdown of the computer. Settings in date/time: * Time...
  4. PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.: Hi everyone. Today I noticed on my C drive that there is a folder called PerfLogs. The Date of the file is 2019-12-07. I purchased this laptop at the end of November, so I don't understand the date on the file. Does anyone know what might be going on?...
  5. How to stop windows from correcting the date when I change it to something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from correcting the date when I change it to something else?: I'm trying to play a old beta version of a game but it requires the date to be set somewhere before September 9th 2015. But when I change the date windows keeps correcting it to the real date after a few minutes and the game closes. Is there a way to disable this? submitted...
  6. Can no longer import photos by date taken

Can no longer import photos by date taken: I HAD been able to import photos by date taken so that they would import into folders by date, but somewhere along the way, I was no longer able to do that. When I'd hook my camera to the pc, it would import them to the pictures folder - but not by date. I shifted to simply...
  7. A bunch of files became 0KB, date modified unchanged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A bunch of files became 0KB, date modified unchanged: On one of my external drives (only one), a bunch of seemingly random files became 0KB. They don't open or otherwise react. Date modified is unchanged, remains the original correct date. It affected mostly smaller files in many directories. It doesn't seem to be a drive...
  8. How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the...: How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the computer as Photos used to do before a Windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-have-photos-automatically-set-up-the/91aac4b5-e42d-4b6a-a080-db24c0c36c1b
  9. Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow all the standard windows 10 users to change/sync time and date settings: Hi, I'm looking for a way to push an organization wide policy which lets Standard users to change/sync their date and time settings. All these devices are Intune managed. Currently all the users have their "Sync time" button greyed out and needs admin credentials to sync...
  10. I lost my all date to One Drive

I lost my all date to One Drive: Dear Sir/ Madam I lost my all data to Onedrive. Please tell me how to restore my data. Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-all-date-to-one-drive/ceabab83-7579-4c6e-878a-3122eadf8d20