Windows 10: Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

Discus and support Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Running Windows 10 ver 1909 (build 18363.1256) I am looking for a way to change Date Attributes (at the very least, the Date Created attribute) of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReyKenobi, Jun 4, 2021.

1. ReyKenobi Win User

Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

Hi, Running Windows 10 ver 1909 (build 18363.1256) I am looking for a way to change Date Attributes (at the very least, the Date Created attribute) of a series of Folders. Each folder has one or more sub-folders that have a date in the Folder Name, and each of their Date Created attribute reflects this same date too. I would like the Parent Folder to have the latest Date Created of its sub-folders. Example: Parent Folder: Project-XYZ Child Folders: SubTask - 2019-08-07 - Title - OtherinfoSubTask - 2021-02-05 - Title - OtherinfoSubTask - 2020-06-19 - Title - Otherinfo I would like the Date Created timestamp of Project-XYZ to be the latest from the SubTask folders, which in this case would be 2021-02-05. Please note: I don't want the date reflected in the folder name, but in the Date Created attribute.

:)

ReyKenobi, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Shawn Brink, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Folder Attribution

You don't need to. Windows ignores the read-only attribute of folders. It has no effect.

Frederik Long, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

Folder and file attributes

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

To view or to remove the Read-only or the System attributes of folders.

Warning: If you remove the Read-only or System attribute from a folder, it may appear as a ordinary folder and some customizations may be lost. For example, Windows customizes the Fonts folder and provides a special folder
    view that permits you to hide variations, such as bold and italic. It also permits you to change the folder's view settings in ways that are specific to fonts. If you remove the Read-only and System attributes of the Fonts folder, these customized view settings
    are not available. For folders that you have customized by using the Customize tab of the folder's
    Properties dialog box, the folder icon and other customizations may be lost when you remove the Read-only attribute.

If a program cannot save files to a folder with the Read-only attribute, such as My Documents, change the Read-only attribute to System by using the Attrib command at a command prompt.

Press Windows key + X and click
    Command Prompt (Admin)

To remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute, use the following command:

attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

For example, to remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute for the C:\Test folder, use the following command:

attrib -r +s c:\test

Be aware that some programs may not operate correctly with folders for which the System attribute and the Read-only attribute are set. Therefore, use the following command to remove these attributes:

attrib -r -s c:\test

Hope this will be helpful.

If you still have further queries.

Pease reply us and we will be happy to help you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

1. Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes - Similar Threads - Date Attributes Parent

2. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  3. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  4. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder attributes

Folder attributes: Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having to create daunting folder structures...
  6. Folder attributes revert to read-only after I uncheck that attribute.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder attributes revert to read-only after I uncheck that attribute.: So recently I started to receive this error from a library that I use for testing our application. It says I do not have the correct permissions to create or copy files in the specified directory, which is ofcourse clarified when I right click that folder it shows...
  7. Windows 10 folder attribute

Windows 10 folder attribute: What does it mean between A no mark B square mark and C V mark in Windows 10 folder attribute "read only only applies to files in folder"? I ask this because I see that all my folders has B, and every time I try to do A or C it always coming back to B. I've googled it...
  8. The Persistence of Folder Attributes

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Persistence of Folder Attributes: [img] I know how to change folder attributes so that's no biggie. I change stupid attributes like #, Title, and Contributing Artists, etc. to more useful ones like Size and Length. [img] [img] However after I've changed all the attribute columns to the ones I want...
  9. changing file and folder attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file and folder attributes: Hi I have a large number of photos i need to tag, want to use the properties attributes, is there any way of changing the Location attribute, maybe an application ? Title & Subjest were easy....... Thanks 132033
  10. Folder Attribution

Folder Attribution: How shall I remove the "Read Only' attribution from a folder / file in Win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-attribution/fa83146a-1157-47ea-9f3e-71fd42f9446c"