Windows 10: !! Date countdown desktop widgets like android ?? !!

Discus and support !! Date countdown desktop widgets like android ?? !! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HI, Love this site as my knowledge with computers is basically nil, though I am learning! I have looked through the store for countdown date apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ste20man, Nov 11, 2018.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Date countdown desktop widgets like android ?? !!

HI,

Love this site as my knowledge with computers is basically nil, though I am learning!

I have looked through the store for countdown date apps that are pinned to the desktop.

After downloading a few now (days / event timer etc) I'm starting to think that Win 10 doesn't work like a chromebook or an android phone. Am I right in thinking that there are no such things as widgets in Win 10?

If that is so then I guess I will have to use a sticky note with the date on it. Whilst this would work I don't think it's as cool as an actual countdown clock that automatically changes as the days pass. I used one of these on my C302CA but had to switch for uni reasons.

Is there such as a thing as widgets, specifically a countdown widget?

If not, has anyone figure a way around it, coded it somehow?

Thanks for your time in advance, ste *Confused

:)

ste20man, Nov 11, 2018

2. Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

How do you suggest to add widgets/gadgets from Win7 on Windows 10?
    I found many solutions, but what is the better one?

Siegfriedm, Nov 11, 2018
  3. iPhone or Android recommendations

Android, as a pc enthusiast you probably like customisation and fiddling with stuff.

Even non rooted Android is brilliant for fiddling!

Lots of different launchers/dialers/contacts lists/widgets/lock screens/ other UI additions/changes to download.

+ Apps! Most Apps on Android are free as well and the number of app in the market is rapidly catching up to the App store.

But having said that I am massively biased lol

pantherx12, Nov 11, 2018
  4. jemgem Win User

Widgets and Gadgets?

yes, you can get the windows 7 widgets back.
    see this:
    Desktop gadgets and sidebar for Windows 10

you will have only the basic pack, any other widgets you will have to google them.

that said... the gadgets were never a great system, and used a bit too much memory for my liking.
    you may want to have a look at rainmeter "skins" - all sorts of little widgets, offering a fantastic way to personalise your desktop

jemgem, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. !! Date countdown desktop widgets like android ?? !! - Similar Threads - Date countdown desktop

2. Is there a way to have widget's on the desktop kinda like a phone? Like weather, time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have widget's on the desktop kinda like a phone? Like weather, time...: I would like those three weather, time, and Proformance the most. submitted by /u/Gold_Champagne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l96m8s/is_there_a_way_to_have_widgets_on_the_desktop/
  3. Taskbar-like widget?

Taskbar-like widget?: Anyone knows if there’s a way to add a second taskbar or a pop up widget to store desktop icons? Like when you unlock the taskbar and it slides away when you don’t need it, something like that. submitted by /u/Chekhof_AP [link] [comments]...
  4. calendar widget for desktop

calendar widget for desktop: As the title says, is there any way I can show my day's or week's schedule from either google calendar or outlook calendar on my windows 10 desktop? submitted by /u/saifprints [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kregkz/calendar_widget_for_desktop/
  5. Is there an app to organize your icons in the desktop like folders on Android?

Is there an app to organize your icons in the desktop like folders on Android?: I've been looking for a desktop organizer that let me organize my icons like you would do in a Android phone. Like, putting your icons in a folder, and upon hovering on it it would expand, and removing the mouse would minimize it, is there such a thing? submitted by...
  6. Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?

Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?: First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask - I’ve been wondering about this for a few days and have no idea where else to ask about it. I’m looking for some sort of program that’ll show a countdown timer on my taskbar (or somewhere else non-intrusive, but...
  7. Desktop Widget, does anyone know where I can find a desktop widget like this. Any help...

Desktop Widget, does anyone know where I can find a desktop widget like this. Any help...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Droopyy- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enxktm/desktop_widget_does_anyone_know_where_i_can_find/
  8. Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end: Good Day All while having a cold one in Bahrain in it's Fine Chief's Club i did the check for updates and it said 1903 was ready for me it's 4PM so i say OK lets go it took around 3 hrs over there wifi to download so that made it 7pm+- after that i figured 2+ hrs to set up...
  9. !! Android like widget !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    !! Android like widget !!: Hi. Does Windows have any decent looking compact ish date countdown timers? I used to have a Chromebook where i used a widget to keep me up to date about when my next exam was. They were simple, good looking and great, any ideas? Cheers, ste 121348
  10. Countdown web page for Genearal Release date.. Winows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Countdown web page for Genearal Release date.. Winows 10: I just created a countdown web page for the Windows 10 General Release... 1 Here it is.. Countdown until the General Release of Widows 10.. July 29th, 2015. 2 If anyone wants to .. you can modify it and post a new version here,, Have fun: Jeff Screen shot:...