Windows 10: "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

Discus and support "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by muahcheeng, Nov 7, 2021.

1. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something similar and found out how to resolve it?

:)

muahcheeng, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 7, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

"Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Hi Arja_Ilona

Date Createed - the date the file was initially made

Date Modfiied - the date the file was last changed and saved

With regards to that Date field, the explanation seems to be:

The 'Date' column takes the earlier of 'Date created' and 'Date modified', it ignores 'Date accessed', unless there is a 'special' date field added by for instance a camera, such as an Exif-header in a JPG, which will take precedence in that Date field

The one problem I have with this explanation is - 'earlier of 'Date created' and 'Date modified' - how could the Data Modified possibly be earlier than the date created . . .

DaveM121, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

"Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

1. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the... - Similar Threads - Date Created detail

2. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  3. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...: Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something similar and found out how to resolve it?...
  4. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...: Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something similar and found out how to resolve it?...
  5. Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified

Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified: I was going through some files looking for the date I created / made / saved them first and noticed this problem.When I list Date Created and Date Modified in File Explorer, the Date Modified is either equal to possible or earlier than not possible the Date Created. I do not...
  6. Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?

Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?: How can I preserve the date created & date modified date & timestamps when copying/moving between laptop and onedrive? I have tried to use softwares like vice versa pro below but it doesn't work. Are there other software solutions that can solve this problem or is there a way...
  7. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  8. File Explorer' "Date Modified/Created" tab keeps updating the date whenever I open file.

File Explorer' "Date Modified/Created" tab keeps updating the date whenever I open file.: As the title briefly summarizes, I am having an issue with File Explorer. I've had this problem for almost a year now but never really got around to it until now. The issue is that whenever I open ANY file and go back to its folder, the date on the folder will be updated to...
  9. Modified dated earlier than created date

in Windows 10 Support
    Modified dated earlier than created date: Several files Properties show that the Modified date is earlier than the created date, how's that? Version 1903 142343
  10. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...