Windows 10: date created field

Discus and support date created field in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to save a pdf document using Acrobat Reader DC, but each time I do so, both the date modifiedand the date created fields change as seen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tampak, Jan 25, 2021.

1. tampak Win User

date created field

[COLOR=rgba75, 75, 75, 1]I am trying to save a pdf document using Acrobat Reader DC, but each time I do so, both the date modifiedand the date created fields change as seen on Windows Explorer. I understand that the date modified changes. That's fine. But why does the date created field change too? Is there a way to save the pdf file, but still keep the original date created field?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba75, 75, 75, 1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba75, 75, 75, 1]Thanks.[/COLOR]

:)

tampak, Jan 25, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Hi Arja_Ilona

Date Createed - the date the file was initially made

Date Modfiied - the date the file was last changed and saved

With regards to that Date field, the explanation seems to be:

The 'Date' column takes the earlier of 'Date created' and 'Date modified', it ignores 'Date accessed', unless there is a 'special' date field added by for instance a camera, such as an Exif-header in a JPG, which will take precedence in that Date field

The one problem I have with this explanation is - 'earlier of 'Date created' and 'Date modified' - how could the Data Modified possibly be earlier than the date created . . .

DaveM121, Jan 25, 2021
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Audio Peripherals Field @ System specs!

I have 3 pair of headphones I use daily .-.
    why the objection anyway
    nobody is forcing you to use or even suggesting it "replace" the current field
    its not like we have a limit on how many fields the site can have

OneMoar, Jan 25, 2021
  4. SkyCat Win User

date created field

Outlook Contacts fields sync

Hi Julie, thanks for the contact list fields.

My problem with contact sync:

• Windows Phone 7: contains a field "website"
    • live.com(hotmail contacts): contains a field "website"
    • Windows Live Mail 2011: contains 2 fields "personal website" and "work website"
    Those 3 platforms don't sync these fields among each other. Do you have any ideas, suggestions?

SkyCat, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

date created field

1. date created field - Similar Threads - date created field

2. Date Taken field not showing seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Taken field not showing seconds: I'm trying to organize photos from different devices, and I'm a bit "finicky" about date/time accuracy, I'm using third party software but it crashes often, and would like to know if there is any possible way to see the seconds of Date Taken Pictures, or Media Created Videos...
  3. Date Taken field not showing seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date Taken field not showing seconds: I'm trying to organize photos from different devices, and I'm a bit "finicky" about date/time accuracy, I'm using third party software but it crashes often, and would like to know if there is any possible way to see the seconds of Date Taken Pictures, or Media Created Videos...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. Windows Mail To: field autocompletes with out of date name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail To: field autocompletes with out of date name: I am using The Windows Mail client on W11. When I create a New Mail and enter an email address in the To: field it changes to the last known owner of that email address. The email address in question has recently changed owner. How can I change the automated name to the new...
  6. Modified dated earlier than created date

in Windows 10 Support
    Modified dated earlier than created date: Several files Properties show that the Modified date is earlier than the created date, how's that? Version 1903 142343
  7. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...
  8. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...
  9. Self created fields in a Database

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self created fields in a Database: I created a data base, when populating a word mail merge document I discovered over 100 of numbered fields that I didn't create. Down and to the right of my Database page I found them. I deleted all that I found but they are not all gone, And I cannot find the numbered files...
  10. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...