Windows 10: Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

Discus and support Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The date created on my files keeps changing when I modify them. It started after I ran a chkdsk and installed some new antivirus software. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyFieri, Apr 16, 2019.

1. GuyFieri Win User

Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

The date created on my files keeps changing when I modify them. It started after I ran a chkdsk and installed some new antivirus software. Can someone help me understand what's going on here? Really need this to get fixed. Thanks!

:)

GuyFieri, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Date created vs date modified

When I modify a file the information for the date created changes to match the date modified. How do I fix this?

KarenGates2, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

Date Modified vs Date Created in Explorer

It is common that I re-save files keeping the same name, overwriting the original of course. I have the column Date Modified on display, but it never changes from the original date & time created. That means sorting by Date Modified to see the latest is
    not helpful.

Am I missing something?

BC

BCCampbell55, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

1. Date created on files keeps changing when I modify them. - Similar Threads - Date created files

2. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  3. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  4. The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.: The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them. I'm using Windows 11 and I need to sort my files in that folder by date created....
  5. The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.

The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them.: The date created on files keeps changing when I modify them. I'm using Windows 11 and I need to sort my files in that folder by date created....
  6. Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?: I use FL Studio to make beats. Awhile back I had a hard drive error and ended up losing hundreds of projects I was working on, silly me, forgot to make backups. Whenever I open a song, whether it was from years ago or just last week, the "Date Created" property on the file...
  7. Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?

Why is "Date Created" updating when I modify the file?: I use FL Studio to make beats. Awhile back I had a hard drive error and ended up losing hundreds of projects I was working on, silly me, forgot to make backups. Whenever I open a song, whether it was from years ago or just last week, the "Date Created" property on the file...
  8. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  9. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  10. File Explorer' "Date Modified/Created" tab keeps updating the date whenever I open file.

File Explorer' "Date Modified/Created" tab keeps updating the date whenever I open file.: As the title briefly summarizes, I am having an issue with File Explorer. I've had this problem for almost a year now but never really got around to it until now. The issue is that whenever I open ANY file and go back to its folder, the date on the folder will be updated to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modified date keeps changing